Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

We have Outlook on our PCs mailboxes. We are trying

We have Outlook on our PCs for our mailboxes. We are trying to get to use our emails today but at the moment it asks for our username and passwords for the server we use for our emails.
The usernames and passwords are the same as it always is as it hasn't been changed and we don't know how to. I have tried to add an outlook.com account but it keeps asking for the password ***** username for that also when it searches the mail server setting. It appears to be a problem with the programme. Please can you advise?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which version of outlook you are using?
And with which email service it is trying to connect to please?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the remote service to work?ta
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiIt is open my id is 394 513 770 and the password ***** *****It is asking for a partner IDTaSteve
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I spoke to Reg-123 and the spamming has been unblocked. I have set up the mailboxes through them but I am struggling to set them up through outlook etc. Are you able to give me a hand setting this up?Thanks,Steve
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem, whats the issue you have setting up outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thanksIt says that outlook cannot connect to the incoming POP3 server
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What settings are you entering in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've followed the guide on the 123-reg website which suggested putting them in manually. It's still open on the desktop if you want to have a look at it with team viewer?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the sites policy is for a new question, I was opening it was straight forward so it could be quickly answered.
Can you make a new question here please and I can then look at this for you.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/profile.aspx?PF=32989067&FID=12307
I can then do this now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ID and Password ***** just popped up. The ID is 394 513 770 and the password ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've submitted a question