jhannell
jhannell, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax
14934061

My elderly father has forgotten his password ***** his msn email

Customer Question

My elderly father has forgotten his password ***** his msn email adress sign in and I have been trying for hours to reset it with no luck, it says it will send an email with a code but have tried this many times but nothing coming through, dont know what to do next?
Category: Software
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
Hello sir/madam, I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ready, thank you
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
hi, what is the email address you are having problems with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My fathers email address is***@******.***
he has just moved house yesterday and I have taken in the computer to the repairer because it is running slowly and he needs the password ***** get into the computer and my father being elderly has forgotten it and the repairer needs it as well as we do to get back online.
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
do you have another email address starting with ch... ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, thats me***@******.*** I am the daughter and my dads main carer.
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
can you check your email now (*****@******.*** )
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
do you have a message from Microsoft?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No messages from Microsoft, have tried this many times today with no luck. Just checked messages again and no....
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
did you check the bulk/junk folder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, checked the other folders as well
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
did you try to fill out this formhttps://account.live.com/acsr?mn=richmond484%40msn.com&sol=LpN8H&irtkn=h%3a%2b1ofF9EohdNwHHXgbiutSWqKn1nJ1qGi9VN%2bI7SJfeVcyVVBnyWs7qJHPW7sSF3M0KQoo0N%2fRlCzOcPCZOPLoAcw%2b7%2bdw713uMPkZHE4eaOf87r5Evj6hSSAzuy52UcadDQtLzrOOhVf4hOX7%2bwyy8bKC7bw5faXyxSuDxxBON9DSudodADtrag8NNtFqRhZMdwCPTxH195rLSxv3DGYZbovmzt1gT1maJBO%2fQtyFqi0Ra1wZ6I6HDsl%2fQyTt2e5MFxvw2%2f2JCpGUjBdllnX1QB44fnrANlrgGsXFPBNYbFYVei8C1O%2bxD69dlsT3DD58Q5orZ9bOXqvipaz7K6oufmEAEq2VVDiiOhbQdcFnHGzGCSStLCbht0BqL5IOXtDfstn4lquiPjEMXQSi%2fPQlni0mb7FPoeDz%2fmiG1LqhDhA2Xw9V6Xr19r5ex6TQ66PE6yfagtoEMXWmqTtgbKKBSaUFGJVArcybf8md5rayErZl7K1nG%2fyLNBDvbXNr%2fyuUe7LbzrUGh7%2fkBgozOizPA%3d%3d%3a1%3a3&cxt=RP&uaid=095dd6c06e474f2db09bc3c7245f9789&mkt=EN-US
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have not opened this yet, what is it? and will this work?
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
yes, after filling out this form, you can submit it, and Microsoft will send you a new code to the email address you provide in the form, and using that code you will be able to reset your password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I'll try this and get back to you
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
ok, I will be here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just went to the page and at the top where it says 'recover your account' the box to put the email address in is dark grey and wont let me put the email address in to recover, it says.........If you turned on two-step verification you cant recover your account..............!!!! so cant go any further
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
do you see***@******.*** inside the gray box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
ok, you can ignore that textbox, can you fill out the second box at bottom and continue
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
you need to enter an email address you are able to access
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try now, hang on
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
waiting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been to all these pages before and have done what they have asked and I have just done it again with my email and then of course a box comes up foryou to put the code in that they send you but,,,,,,they dont send the code......just checked again and still no codes coming through. Been trying this for about 3 hours now....
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
were you able to send the form?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looked in all my folders yet again and remember this is about the twentieth time I have tried this today with no codes sent through.........you are not able to send the form anywhere.....it asked for the code they sent you then you can send the form but without a code I cant
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
lets go step by step and fill out the form. what is first and last name? (associated with the email address)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that my dads? George Richmond
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
what is birthdate and state?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
03/06/1930
cambridgeshire
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
United Kingdom? sorry, is it March 6th or June 3rd?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
United Kingdom and June 3rd 1930
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
Is Cambridgeshire in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales?What is Postal code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England and the postcode is CB22 5SP
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
do you know the answer of your security question?(Your first car)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hang on and I'll ask him
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
waiting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no he cant remeber this as well sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its 20 minutes no with no reply, can you respond please and let me know whats happening, thank you?
Expert:  jhannell replied 1 year ago.
do you remember some of the Subjects of your recently sent emails? (from that email address)