Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My Outlook states requires attention. When clicking on "fix

My Outlook states requires attention. When clicking on "fix account" it comes up with an error 0x80860007. What do I need to do now?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7,8 or 10?What version of Outlook are you using -- 2003? 2007? 2010 or 2013?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10 (recently updated). My computer is only a few months old so I assume it is 2013, the version number I have found is 17.6416.42001
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron,Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues.Can I remotely access your Windows 10 computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there another option included in my original fee
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back and I am sorry for the late reply. The original fee is for this chat mode only. If you want we can continue with this chat mode and I will just provide you the procedures for you to follow.How do you wish to proceed?Please let me know so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, thanks I would prefer to carry on as we are. please advise what I need to do fix account as in my first message.
Ron
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron,Thank you for writing back. As a first troubleshooting procedure, please do the following:Close all Microsoft Office programs especially MS OutlookRight-click on the Microsoft logo button (the one that serves as the START button) at the bottom left corner of your screen, then click on "Command Prompt (Admin)"When you get a "User Account Control" pop up window, click on YES buttonYou will get black command prompt and type this command and then press the ENTER key to execute:sfc /scannow Please note that there is a space between c and /This process can take some time. When the counter hits 100% it is done and there you shall see if errors were found or not.Close the black command prompt windowRestart the computerThen test your Outlook 2013 again.I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, that all went ok at 100% the following massage appeared "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" However I am still no further on. When I start my email and click on accounts the Outlook mail says "attention required" in red. When I click on this message a pop up window has two choices, 'fix account' and 'change settings' When I click on fix account after a few seconds I get the message error 0x80860007. If I try change settings then I get another window that gives me two options 'change mailbox sync settings' or 'change accounts settings' If I click on change accounts settings I get taken to a web page "One account for all things Microsoft" If I then log in I cannot find where to go for Outlook. can you help please.
Ron
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron,Thank you for writing back with that information. You must first confirm to me as to what email program are you using since I do not think it is Outlook 2013. Please check and confirm what title you see on the screen for the email program. Is it Windows Live Mail? Mail app with the blue background?Also, please try to use a web browser and then access your email there. If all of your emails are intact there in the web browser, please REMOVE your email from the email program and then ADD it again to re-sync.Please let me know your results so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, thanks for your help. I also have a BT internet email account and I'll make use of this as my original problem still exists but does not appear to be causing any harm at the moment.
Ron
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron,Thank you for writing back and thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess