Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

My copy of MS Outlook keeps coming up with a message "Key Require

Customer Question

My copy of MS Outlook keeps coming up with a message "Key Required" activation required even though I am using a registered copy. I am running Windows 7 32 bit version and Office 10
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** looks like Office 2010 lost the saved product key. To solve the problem, you can re-enter the product key. Here are the instructions:1. Exit all Microsoft Office 2010 products (Outlook, Word, Excel...)2. Click the Windows Start button and then Control Panel3. There click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and Features)4. Wait until a list fully populates and then locate Microsoft Office 2010 there5. Right-click it and click on the Change button6. Wait a few seconds and then select Enter product key and then enter your product key7. When done, click Next and restart the computer8. After the restart, check if that helpedLet me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I have tried what you suggest but unfortunately this has not resolved the problem
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.Let me if you would like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I don't allow people I don't know to have access to my computer - do you have any other suggestions
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please start Outlook. Ignore the prompts you may see. Click on File and then Help. Check the right side of the window. Does it say "Product Activation Required" or something else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says "Product Activated"
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
That's good; however, if the prompts are still there, please follow my initial instructions I sent you, but this time instead of selecting "Enter product key", select Repair instead. Let it repair the installation and when done, restart the computer. After the restart, let me know if there are any changes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to say it is still the same
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I will need to check the issue via remote desktop assistance. Let me know if you changed you mind regarding that.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have not changed my mind but do you have any other suggestions?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.
I am out of further suggestions, so I will opt-out and allow other Experts a chance to take a look at this problem and provide their own suggestions. Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 12 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I still have this problem and would still like to get it resolved so I await your suggestions
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.
Hi Adrian, My name is ***** ***** I'm going to try to help you with this issue. It seems like you may have a corrupt file on your system which is causing Outlook to believe it is not activated. Is this something that just recently started happening? or has it been a while? (a few days, weeks, months?). I have a coulple of things I'd like to try but it depends on how long this has been happening. Please note that I am in California, USA so there may be some timeliness issues with us working thorough this. Please be patient if I do not respond promptly.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Several months
Adrian Haler
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.
Ok, I was going to suggest doing a system restore, but if it's been several months then I'm going to expect there are not any restore points going back that far. For now, before we do anything else, lets set a new restore point. Here are the steps if you are unfamiliar with the process:http://www.techregar.com/how-to-create-system-restore-point-in-windows-10/ Next, You need to make sure you have the installation software and License key for Office. Without it, Do Not proceed as we will not be able to restore your installation. Now. to repair Outlook activation, I found a document that provides some detail steps on a few solutions, so rather than typing out a long process, I'll provide you a link. http://helpdeskgeek.com/office-tips/fix-office-2010-cannot-verify-license-error-message/I'm going to suggest starting with Method 3 and then if that doesn't work then we can move to Method 4 which would be completely removing and then reinstalling Office. After following these steps, please reply back to me with the results.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So far I have tried Method 3, which has not worked so I will try Method $. This might take a while with Christmas almost on us. I will report back in due course. In the meantime I wish you Seasons GreetingsRegardsAdrian Haler
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.
Sounds good. I will await your reply
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
For your information the links in the last two replies received from you do not work - I used a previous one to reply to you
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.
My apologies. The links back to this site are system generated. Please let me know if you need anything else in the meanwhile.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Joe-S,
Firstly I wish you a Happy New Year. I have now tried option 4 also used Fix-It as suggested but unfortunately it has not resolved the problem. I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.
Hi Adrian, Unfortunately I do not have any other suggestions. I'm going to have to open your question to other experts. Hopefully someone else has thoughts....