Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

My friends and relatives are receiving emails purporting to

Customer Question

My friends and relatives are receiving emails purporting to be from me asking for assistance and in one case for money. I have opened my emails and it appears to have been taken over by a foreign country with the queer language - I am not sure which country it is but it is similar to Egyptian or Middle East or India(?). Do I need to change all my passwords? I know how to change passwords for the firms I deal with online but haven't a clue what to do about my email. Can you advise me please?
Jo Grady
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email address you use? As this was not specified.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not a first time user of your services - my email address is the same as it was back then:***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already paid £46 on my debit card and I really don't know what to do
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I did not see any prior question from you sorry.
Can you go to the link below
https://bay181.mail.live.com/mail/options.aspx?subsection=12&n=631340495
Then select English there (its the second one with the brackets) then go to the bottom and click on Save.
This will then set it back to English
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have clicked on English (United Kingdom) but I cannot scroll down!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
click on the down arrow on the right of the screen till you see the save button.
You will see Save on the page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot scroll down to click the save button
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
what happens when you click on the scroll bar on the right and drag it down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing - there isn't a scroll bar - perhaps we could try the remote support as long as you can assure me that this will not let anything else into my email account - I am finding the whole thing very upsetting and am nearly in tears.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I guarantee you nothing will get into the email account and at the end of it it will again be secure, that I promise (I do this over a decade now)
Please accept the remote support offer.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what do I have to do now please?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The instructions I just gave please.
I repeated them below again
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the ID and password ***** new one for the download or is it my email address and password?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No its what you are shown in the program after you do the instructions I gave you.
Please do the instructions I gave you and it will give you the ID and Password ***** give to me here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have downloaded the team viewer for private use which was what was available but it didn't ask for an ID or password ***** I must be doing something wrong
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, it does not ask you for an ID, it GIVES you an ID and Password.
you need to now run the file you just downloaded to install it and give me the ID and Password ***** so I can connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It didn't give me an ID or password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It will, you need to RUN the FILE after downloading it.
Do the instructions exactly as I gave you and it will give you it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did run it - I now have an ID and password ***** it now asking for your ID. My ID is(###) ###-####789 password ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my ID is 123 456 789 sorry for the mistake
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The ID 123 456 789 is not correct
Your reading from the picture....
Maybe this is easier for you, click this link, click I agree and run the file please.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9893a2a4-8afe-4d67-b2bc-fff3d2569425
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard, I spoke to you yesterday about my email account being compromised. I am no longer receiving emails and a note at the bottom of the page says they are being sent to another address. One of my contacts is still receiving the scam(?) emails and the last one gave bank details for him to send money to as I desperately needed help. Being a bit of an idiot and not understanding or knowing what to do could you continue to help me please. Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The scam messages they can still receive, they are from the hackers, and nothing to do with your account anymore, nothing you can do to stop that.
But not receiving emails I can fix.
Can you click this icon and run the file please
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=946975eb-b905-4b52-886b-ec498f491104
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
all working now