Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

How do I copy my Contacts from Outlook 2003 into Windows 10

Customer Question

How do I copy my Contacts from Outlook 2003 into Windows 10 People app.
Category: Software
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.Try this first please, if it doesnt work you’ll have to export your Windows Contacts folder to a csv-file first and then import that csv-file into the People app.In the People app, hover the mouse in the lower-right corner to access the Charms bar, then selectSettings.The Settings pane will appear on the right. Select Accounts.The Accounts pane will appear. Click Add an account.Select the service you wish to use. choose OutlookThe Connecting to a service page will appear. You will need to sign in to the chosen account.The Request for Permission page will appear with options and permissions. This page will vary depending on which service you choose. Follow the instructions to give the People app permission to access your account.Once you are connected, your contacts will be imported into the People app.If that fails follow these steps please>Open your Windows Contacts folder and choose Export from the Toolbar. You might need to expand the Toolbar or maximize your window for the Export option to become visible.The “Windows Contacts Export Wizard” might be a bit hidden. In the export dialog choose; CSV (Comma Separated Values)Press the Export button.Set the path where you want to save the export to. If you are on a different computer you can use a usb flash drive.Or if you are on the same computer you can call the file contacts.csv and save the file to the Desktop.Press Next.Select which fields you want to export.Press Finish.Once the export has completed confirm the informational message and close the Export dialog.Now start the People app and import the exported csv-file;