Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Install, Update, troubleshoot and remove all types of software
63493917

Please help, on pressing the START button nothing happens ,

Please help, on pressing the START button nothing happens , the tiles do not come up. Also the Taskbar does not have the usual displays e.g. Goggle.
Thanks , Len Causey.
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.DO you knwo what version of Windows you have? Is it Windows 7, or Windows 8, or Windows 10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Okay, thank you for that information..Did you purchase this computer WITH windows 10 on it? Or did you have Windows 8 or Windows 7 first, and then you UPGRADED to windows 10?.I ask because the process in which windows 10 was put on the computer MATTERS IMMENSELY to how the files are assimilated. Upgrade, versus CLEAN install, are 2 very different things.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 using a free offer over the Internet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10 worked well for about a week , it is only today that I can not start it . Cortana does not respond either.
Yeah, this isn't the first time this has happened. And it has to do with the fact that the UPGRADE path is used for certain hardware types.And unfortunately, the answer is a full on CLEAN install, which isn't a task for the NON-technical savy. It takes a few hours, and has a complex setup procedure. Which would also require access to the machine physically..Although, you can possibly band-aid the problem, but there's no guarantee it wont happen again. Using a system restore point..I suggest you backup your files, fast as you can, and do a Windows 10 CLEAN install. Which erases the harddrive, and then reinstall the drivers for the computer. Restore your files, and programs, and then your done..Its a arduouys process, that most folks take their PC into a shop to have done. And if your not famalier with Installing Operating Systems, i dont reccommend you do it. And because this cant be done from a remote position, I am unable to do this for you either unfortunatley..I hate being the bearer of bad news, but that is the nature of this issue. Please take a moment to rate my performance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice . It sounds good . Many thanks , Len Causey.
You are very welcome....please take a moment to rate my performance, and Happy Holidays.