Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I have windows 10 and yahoo email. I cant find emails I know

Customer Question

I have windows 10 and yahoo email. I cant find emails I know are there and now the current inbox doesn't even go back to December emails. Can you help?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
In windows Mail click the cog wheel in the bottom left, then click on Manage Accounts, then on your yahoo account, then change mailbox synch settings and set Download email from to anytime
Save this and the other emails will then start arriving
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and still no joy. I tried to back in manage accounts to double check and it wont even show accounts now.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, that is the setting, though you need to give it some time to download the emails.
Are you sure they are on the server?
If you go to
http://mail.yahoo.com
Do you see them there?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I foolishly put my dinner on before the question so I will have to leave and see what I can salvage!! I will give a little time and check what you asked. I may need to come back later. sorry and thanks for now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, though I could just connect to the computer and fix this for you while you have dinner?
Else I marked this question to never close, so any issues let me know.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service before leaving now by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.