Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I bought second hand laptop windows 7 sp1 - 32 bit in order

I bought second hand laptop windows 7 sp1 - 32 bit in order to play movies from USB that were saved from Windows 7 PC. downloaded Silverlight 5 + installed R Player.
Everything worked perfectly for a day. There were many updates after first session, & as a result I believe that I now have Internet Explorer 11, as opposed to Internet Explorer 8 Windows Vista.
As a result, I was getting the message that Silverlight Out of Browser Launcher was not responding.
I researched this error message on line, & found a fix it app, which deleted the existing programme & downloaded the programme again anew.
Tried this several times but to no avail.
As a result, if I now try to download Silverlight 5, the message comes up that it is already installed. And if I try to play one of the USB movies, then the message states that I need the Silverlight application !
Have checked some of the solutions online, but as I am not very technical, I am not confident of fixing this problem.
Can you help ?
Many thanks,
Albert
Category: Software
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Just to clarify, were the USB movies playing all right before you carried out the updates? May I set up a quick, secure remote session (no extra charge) to assist you with the issue now? Please reply back using the Reply box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, all the USB films played perfectly - though I don't have stick with me at the moment.
Yes, you can set up remote session, but please be patient as I am not technical, & pretty unsure about these matters.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, no issues. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6a0e0595-a583-4ef9-95fa-eb727cfc5d54On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you connected ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the remote session. Please update me on the results, on this question page itself. If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the Reply box below. Otherwise, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Please reply back to me when the restore is complete, on this page itself. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
restore ok
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let's go ahead with another remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=642060b7-f6e5-4cce-8872-ddb60aed58b2On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.)I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I'm still not connected - did you make sure to OPEN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded at the very bottom of your browser window, after joining the remote session?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Please reply back to me here if you are having issues; thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I have not received any response from you yet. Let's take this further tomorrow, after you have access to the USB files - this way, it will be possible for me to troubleshoot solutions and check the issue at the same time. I'll leave you a reply on here when I'm back on tomorrow. Thank you, ***** ***** night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot find any links - please send e mail to***@******.***. ASAP
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Here's the remote link, one more time:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=642060b7-f6e5-4cce-8872-ddb60aed58b2 Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
On the page that opens up, click "I Agree".Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your Chrome window.)I'll then be connected. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you are using Chrome, be sure to check the VERY BOTTOM of your window - the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file will be listed there. You need to click and open that file itself.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you once again for the remote session; please keep me updated on the results tomorrow, once you have tested the USB files - we can then troubleshoot the issue further if needed, or if your issue is resolved, you may just click on a star button at the top of this page to rate and close out this question accordingly. Have a good night!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great news - USB material plays perfectly.
Many, many thanks for your assistance.
Albert
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
OK, perfect! If you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the smiley/star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.