Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

I have lost the login password ***** windows XP, can you

Customer Question

Hi, I have lost the login password ***** windows XP, can you help?
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello John, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.You will need to create a boot disk using a special utility so you can change the password ***** something else.Click on the following link to get HBCD (Hiren's Boot CD):http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/Scroll down and click where it says Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip to download the file.You need to burn it on to a CD which will then allow you to use it as a boot disk.Once you've made the CD, you need to boot from it and boot into the MiniXP environment.From there you will have the option to do all sorts of things, one of them being a password ***** of any account on the system.Here's a video showing you how to reset the Windows password:http://goo.gl/TKVqC5Once the password ***** been reset, you simply restart, remove the CD, and login with the newly created password.If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above followed by Finish as it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin