Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

A couple of years ago, I used a Microsoft 24/7 call centre

A couple of years ago, I used a Microsoft 24/7 call centre to remotely rid me of viruses that were seriously slowing up my computer when I picked up bad viruses etc. Very successful and I now need them again. Does this remote clean up procedure still exist at Microsoft? The cost was about $100 I think and gave me access to them for 12 months.
Category: Software
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. May I set up a quick, secure remote session to carry out a comprehensive cleanup of your system now? I have sent you an offer for remote service now; once you accept, I'll provide you with the directions to connect thereafter. Thank you!
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, do you still need help with this issue? Do let me know; thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3f152743-870e-4e77-91f5-8a5d1d320df6On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.) I'll then be connected; thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again B Rath
I have been trying out my computer's performance since the clean up you gave it yesterday afternoon.
Whilst it is better, it is far from happy and certainly not up to the standards I was used to. As you said yesterday my computer is of a high specification with good processor, lots of RAM and only about a third full on memory so it ought to flit from one program to another almost instantaneously and compute very fast. But it doesn't!!
It still takes ages to load each program such as Word or email and then takes ages to absorb what I want it to do with my inputs. There is definitely something else wrong in its computing. Could you please help me to sort this out?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, I see. Could you let me know a timeframe when the system first started slowing down again? Also, when you are available next, please leave me a reply and I'll set another remote session and assist you further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. It never really speeded up. Still incredibly slow and I am getting regular pop up messages to say that I am Low on memory and I need to save work and close down what I am working on.
That would tie up with slow computing would it not? Something to do with RAM?? Just a guess.
I believe you may be in US? It is 6.30pm here and I am just cooking dinner. Can we get together again say in 90 minutes at 8pm UK time which should be about 8am your time?
hanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Certainly; I'll be available throughout the day from now - please leave me a reply when you are back to continue, and we will take this further. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again
This is the latest warning message that I am getting. Any help? Means nothing to me!
'Your computer is low on memory
Save your files and Close these Programs
Runtime Broker
Windows will only close enough Programs to restore needed memory.'Something is chewing up memory like madHope you can help
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, can we go ahead with another remote session now? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=232a0270-fe20-4fdb-b172-37a7e41c61c9On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the bottom of your browser window.) I'll then be connected; thank you.