Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My brother died last week and I inherted his tower system and

Customer Question

My brother died last week and I inherted his tower system and it is password ***** but it has photographs of the family on is there any way I can retreive the password
Category: Software
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to hear the sudden loss of your brother. May peace and comfort find you during this difficult time.You may let me know the make and model of the computer tower so that i can give you the password ***** steps.I believe its the power on bios password ***** not the windows login password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for you kind words, it is a Dell Inspiron 660 is that what you wanted
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Does the password ***** immediately when you power on the pc or its a windows login password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your kind words, it is a Dell Inspiron 660 is that what you wanted
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
password *****
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
alright and thanks for confirming.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
somehow linked to my brothers hotmail account
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Clearing CMOS PasswordsWARNING: safety instructions that shipped with your computer.WARNING: clear the password *****: computer. Damage due to servicing that is not authorized by Dell is not covered by your warranty.CAUTION: grounding strap or by periodically touching an unpainted metal surface (such as a connector on your computer).1 Follow the instructions in "Before You Begin".2 Remove the computer cover. 3 Locate the 3-pin CMOS reset jumper (CMOSCLR1) on the system board.See "System Board Components".4 Remove the 2-pin jumper plug from pins 2 and 3 and fix it on pins 1 and 2.System SetupBefore you begin any of the procedures in this section, follow the The computer must be disconnected from the electrical outlet to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will the pc still retain info because he has alot of family photos
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
The pc will only remove the power on bios password ***** then you can access the pictures.Second option is to remove the hard drive and connect it to a different computer and set it as a d drive and then you can extract or copy all photos videos and data files to the other computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Than you.