Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I have previously had help from IT MIRO. His help again would

I have previously had help from IT MIRO. His help again would be appreciated.
This laptop is used by our Society to drive a projector in a lecture theatre.
There were no problems wuth the WINDOWS 8 which was instslled at purchase.
We have recently upgraded to WINDOWS 10. The new operating system will not recognise the presence of the attached projector.
Neither will it recognise the presence of my external monitor at home.
I can drive my monitor by resetting the start options for the machine = but the computer screen remains blank.
Help please !
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Unfortunately IT MIRO is unavailable to help you....but I am just as good a technician as they are..Anyways....yoru issue i think is caused by the fact that your Video card drivers are based on Windows 8, instead of Windows 10.When you did the upgrade to Windows 10, it may NOT have accurately installed your video card drivers.See....the video card drivers are specific to your Operating System (OS), and if you change your OS (which you did....from Win8 to Win10) then you will also need to change the drivers.Windows does NOT keep every single driver on its install, so you have to go out and do it manually..So, if you tell me your make and Model of computer ( i need the EXACT make, and the EXACT model number of the computer, and typically this is affixed to a sticker on the bottom of the computer) I will be able to point you to the drivers you need to fix the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Toshiba Satellite L50D-8-14P
YE029936C
Finally found them.Quite the task, i must say.It wasn't easy, but i found them.Use this link below to get your Windows 10 Upgrade drivers.http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/swupdate/information.aspx?region=TEGFollow the instructions PLEASE!.Or, for a small additional fee, i can do the install for you through a REMOTE SESSION.
Please take a moment to RATE my performance.Thank you!
Did you have any follow-up questions, about this particular issue?If not, Please take a moment to RATE my performance. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have followed your instructions and installed the new drivers. This has had no effect and the problem still remains.
Later today, I will go through the whole procedure again checking all the details.I will get in touch again at the end of this afternoon if I cannot resolve the problem by this method.
GRB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have installed the following new drivers after checking all the Codes :
Desktop Assistant, Display Unit, System Driver, System Settings.
Computer restartedNo effect. The laptop still does not recognise the presence of an external monitor.GRB
Does your laptop have an EXTERNAL MONITOR button?.Typically this is the F4 or the F5 button, and it will have what looks like a monitor as a icon on the button..Or what about holding Windows Key + P? That shoudl bring up the external monitor selection.....and you should able to pick the projector..Also, what type of connection are you trying to use?What connection is on the Laptop? and what connection is on the projector?Are you using any cable adapters? Or are you using just a single cable?What is the cable setup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both the F4 key and Windows+P produce a message saying
"computer cannot project onto another screen, try reinstalling the driver or using a different video
I have done the first of these, video card ?????
Connection uses a single cable D-type (15 pin) both ends.
I can use the Toshiba setting instructions to run the external monitor only but the Windows settings will not do this
Its the drivers..You may have the wrong one installed..Would you like me to do a Remote Session, and fix the issue FOR YOU?
Windows may not be ABLE to drive the external monitor, and you will HAVE to use the Toshiba settings/software.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you think that you can resolve the issue by a remote contact, then yes please do this.
However if there is extra cost, please advise me in advance, Thus machine belongs to a Charity and I would have to get clearance for more payment.
GRB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GRB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am able to pay a modest additional fee for a remote contact driver installation as you are sure that this is the problem.
Please advise me of the fee and suggest a time for the remote session.
Im pretty sure....like maybe 90% sure its the driver issue..There is nothign in this world that is a guarantee except death and taxes..So i can try the remote (and yes there is an additional fee) and if i cant get it to work properly you can have a full refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is this fee please ? If it is reasonable, we can go ahead. However it will have to be sometime on Friday as I am out all day Thursday.
GRB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GRB
i will OPT-OUT so another expert can help.I can no longer help you.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Friday) to ***** *****
Thank you for stepping in , I do not understand why Quicksilver07070 has "opted out" (his words)
I am spending other people's money here and must know the cost of the online work before committing.
I have already paid the up=front fee.
To summarise :
The Toshiba laptop, now upgraded to Windows10, will not recognise an external projector or monitor..
I have replaced the drivers following previous instructions from you = no change as a result.
Your colleague has offered to do an on-line (remote) driver change as he is fairly sure that this is the problem.
Please let me know the additional cost - if it is reasonable we can do this today.
GRB
:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Friday) to ***** ***** (repeat)
I have already paid the up-front fee.
To summarise :
Please let me know the additional cost - if it is reasonable we can do this today.or tomorrow
GRB
Hello Grb,I don't know why the previous technician opted out, but I am here now. The additional cost for the remote session is $26. Please, let me know when you would like to do this remote session. I will be available all day today and tomorrow.- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saturday
Price agreed.
I will be available with this machine connected to JustAnswer at 1100. If this fails I will connect again at 1400
Please let me know in advance if there is information about this machine which you require in advance.
GRB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now connected and await your intructions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been online for 20 minutes and have had no contact from you.
I will connect again at 1400 today.
GRB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(1400 Saturday)
I am now connected again and typing this at the end of the discussion chain.
GRB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1415
Still no response from you. Are you expecting action from me ?
I will let you choose a time, today, Sunday or Monday afternoon - please let me know.
I want to get this problem resolved as our Society wants to use this machine to drive a projector at a big meeting in 10 days time. I will have to seek help elsewhere if you cannot do it.
GRB
Greetings,I am available now, but I will be offsite for the next six hours doing work on other properties. Do you want to start the remote session later today or on another day?-Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Message received. I notice that the date/time on the message is 27/02/2016 0756.
I deduce from this that you are based in the USA which would explain the. difficulty in agreeing times.
This Toshiba Satellite machine was bought in the UK - I know that Toshiba keep their UK operations separate.
If you think you can resolve the external display problems using a remote on-line session then I am happy to go ahead .with the agreed fee of $26..
Please suggest a time and day to do this - February 28 or 29 or March 1. The time should be in GMT (UTC+0).
I will be available the same times on February 28, Feb 29, & March 1st. Those times will be from 4pm to 4am.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will contact you through this website soon after 4.p.m GMT on Monday 29 February. If there is any information you require in advance. please let me know.
GRB
Thank you. I will be here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now connected using JustAnswer,co.uk and await your instructions.
The objective for this linkup is to restore this machine's ability to use an external monitor or projector
GRB
Hello,Are you available now? Let's begin. After you click the "Accept this offer" button for the remote service, the remote link will be posted here. That will be the last charge for today. - Jason
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience: 10+ years of work experience.
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 48 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. If you have any questions about rating me, please let me know.Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.- Jason