Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

RichardHow cautious should I be with updating a Dell

Customer Question

Hi Richard How cautious should I be with updating a Win7 Dell laptop (about 4 years old) to Win 10? When entering the service tag on their website I get this message:

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there RichardVery cautious, but you can do the upgrade test it and if something does not work, roll back the upgrade, you have 30 days to do thisTo do this when the upgrade is done.To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** that all makes sense.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome Richard