Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

I have an Outlook 2016 e-mail account. My Outlook calendar

Customer Question

I have an Outlook 2016 e-mail account. My Outlook calendar is not working. My calendar on iPhone, iPad and my Microsoft account are all working properly.
Should I reinstall Outlook 2016? Will I loose data, such as e-mails and contacts?
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want a service of any type whatsoever. I just want this problem solved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.By default, Outlook uses a different calendar than the default calendar option for your iPhone and iPad. Those devices are generally configured to to sync to iCloud. You can check these option on each device by opening the Settings App, and then selecting "Mail, Contacts, Calendars". From there select "Default Calendar" then scroll all the way to the bottom to see which calendar you are using. I would expect it to say iCloud..You can link your Outlook to iCloud calendar, but you will need to follow some detailed steps. I'm including a link to a web page with instructions.http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/icloud-and-outlook-problems/Scroll to the section that says Outlook Integration and follow the steps..Please reply back if you need me to provide any other details in this process. I'm here to help.--Joe
Expert:  Joe-S replied 1 year ago.
I want to add.... When you are looking at your calendar settings in your iPhone, you may find that you are using a calendar associated with your email provider. If this is the case then you do not want to configure your Outlook to use iCloud. Basically you want to have all your devices using the same provider.... finding the common calendar source is what you want to determine.