Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I got message at top of outlook email that I need to fix my

i got message at top of outlook email that I need to fix my account - I click on fix account and I keep getting error message that this cant be completed at this time, Why?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of outlook you are using? eg: outlook 2010?Or are you using outlook via your internet browser?And is it functioning still correctly?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlook 2010 , internet browser is still working on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
got message my outlook settings are out of date, but I click on fix it and keep getting error messge
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so in outlook 2010 you get a message you need to fix your account?And whats the exact error code you receive?Normally you never get a message like this in outlook so I am concerned this is an infection on your computer.But please tell me the exact wording and error code I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thanks for the remote - the error code I keep getting is Ox80070426
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no problem and thanksPlease do the followingpress Windows Key + R combination, type put regedit in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor. Press Ctrl+F and type your Microsoft account email ID, for example***@******.*** or***@******.***. Make sure you’ve checked options Key, Values, Data. Click Find. The result will come around these two registry keys:HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentitiesHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\IdentityStore\Cache\GlobalStore\IdentityCache\S-1-11-96-3623454863-…….. There would be only one key with this long name for which the email ID you have entered in Find box will matched, so not to be confused at all. After finding both the above mentioned registry keys, Delete these Close theRegistry Editor and restart the computerIt should now be resolvedLet me know the results please