Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I cannot send/ receive messages

since upgrading to Windows 10 I cannot send/ receive messages using Outlook. I have run sfc/ scannow several times. Test message in Settings works fine
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhat is the exact error you get when you are trying to send and receive an email?And which version of outlook are you using?Please let me lknow
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
0x800ccc13 using Outlook 2016
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
please don't phone me. I pressed my accident
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks,When you ran sfc /scannow what was the exact message you got at completion? And did you run it as admin?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I ran it as Admin and after Verification it said there were no integrity issues
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
with which email service is it connecting to?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
btinternet.com which is working fine from my iPhone and using BT Mail
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** if you mean web mail when you say BT MailCan you click on my link belowClick me to openCan you sign in there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what is happening? I clicked on you link and it took me to Webmail
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok not sure the confusion but as I requested, tell me if you can sign in there.... I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am unable to make a Paypal payment to accept this offer
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, its an optional service, else can you then go to the link I gave and tell me please if you can sign in.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the link takes me into my webmail. What do you want me to do then?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
sign in Dennis The instructions are still, click the link and tell me if you can sign inI am really not sure where this confusion is coming from as we are still at this instructions....
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sign into what?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Your webmail Dennis...Again, and please tell me which of the 2 steps you are being confused with as I am really not understanding why this cannot be done from you and why your so confused with this instructions. Again I'll repeatCan you click on my link belowClick me to openCan you sign in there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am signed into my webmail
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, thanks for confirming this...Press windows key + X click on control panel.Type in Mail in searchclick MailClick Show profiles and add a new profile.Enter in BT details.Make this the default profileOpen outlook and check if it now connects
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no difference
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Go to Control Panel, uninstall a Program, click on office, click Change, online repair.Let this complete and when it has, restart and try outlook please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
still have the same problem and error message
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am in the same position as when we started this conversation. I have started using another email client which works fine
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
are all the emails in outlook, on the mail server?