IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have accessed my wife's laptop and got access to my e-mail

I have accessed my wife's laptop and got access to my e-mail but now when we switch on the laptop opens up with my details screen saver etc and not my wifes how do we change back to to the opening screen which says owner (my wife)
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** confirm, you created a new user account on your wife's laptop which is now always shown when the laptop is turned on? Let me know,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes correct.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the confirmation! May I know if that is a Windows or a Mac laptop? If Windows, please type the version installed, such as Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10. Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an HP Pavilion laptop with windows 10
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
On Windows 10, you can have multiple user accounts and easily switch between them. The user account you first see when turning the laptop on is the one that was last used. If you would like to use another user account, then look in the bottom left corner of the logon screen. You should see other user accounts listed. See this picture:PICTURE LINK So, click on your wife's name and then sign in to her account. Since her account will be the one that was last used, it will appear first next time you turn on the laptop. Your user account will still be there, and you can switch to it by clicking on your name as you did for your wife's account. Let me know if you were able to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we don't get that in the corner ...nothing ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe we actually haven't created another account but somehow transferred the computer to me ??
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Correct, it looks like there is only 1 user account created, but you used your Microsoft account which Windows 10 remembered, and now it is always shown. There is actually a way to use your Microsoft account to check e-mails only one-time, but Windows 10 always asks you whether you want to save it, so you must have saved it. Don't worry - it can be easily removed. Let me know if your wife used her Microsoft account that displayed her e-mail address like it is displaying yours now, or it only said her name, without any e-mail address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only displays "owner" when she opens the computer and definitely no e-mail address
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. I ask that because there are two types of accounts in Windows 10 - local account (no e-mail address) and on-line account also known as Microsoft account (with e-mail address). When a local user account is used, you don't need to sign in with any e-mail address, and such accounts are usually called by person's first name, or something like "Owner", "User", "Administrator" or similar. However, when you use an e-mail address (Microsoft account), the current user accounts gets switched to an on-line user account which can then synchronize all the settings with another computer that uses the same Microsoft account. For that reason, you see your desktop picture, screen saver, etc. Also, with on-line user accounts, the password ***** to sign in on a computer is the same one used for signing in to an e-mail account. So, that being said, let's remove your Microsoft account off your wife's laptop and switch back to an offline user account so that "Owner" or another name can be displayed, without your information. Here are the instructions: 1. On your wife's laptop, click on the Windows logo located in the bottom left corner2. Click on Settings3. Click on Accounts4. Under the "Your account tab", click on Sign in with a local account instead5. Type your Microsoft account password, and click Next6. Enter the desired name (you can leave "Owner" or type your wife's name) and password (optional), and click Next7. Finally, click Sign out and finish
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi done all that but still brings up my e-mail account?? not my wifes.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please restart the laptop and then check what the logon screen will display. If you still see your e-mail account, then go back to the Accounts menu and repeat the instructions again. It is possible that your e-mail account wasn't successfully removed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if your Microsoft account (e-mail address) has been removed, or it is still there.