Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

My outlook email will not send or receive. I have turned

Customer Question

My outlook email will not send or receive.
I have turned the computer off and back on twice to try and correct the issue to no avail.
The machine is constantly saying it is 'syncing' but nothing is happening.
I believe the fault lies with a large email I attempted to send containing a number of images? as the problem arose at this time?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you in outlook Mark go to the outbox folder.Delete the email there and once deleted, try to send a new email.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
The email I tried to send is not visible in the sent items or outbox.
I do know that an email I sent after the large one was received by the recipient this morning( this was sent last night)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you now send an email, does it leave the outbox and go into the sent folder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it also says it is 'syncing'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so the email remains in the outbox?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Systems Specialist.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ID ###-##-####
Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the password ***** ***** can you double check it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9672
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
i have struggled to come back to you after re-booting my computer as directed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now open Mail and add your account again.Does it then allow you to send and receive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
Are you available to continue?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, I just sent you a message Mark, I will repeat it now open Mail and add your account again.Does it then allow you to send and receive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No , it hasn't changed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you run teamviewer please and provide me the ID and Password ***** connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID ###-##-####
Password ee6x32
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
It is still not syncing after all that?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When did this problem start Mark?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last Night
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I want to do a system restore please.To do this, close all programs.Press the windows key + X and click on Control Panelclick System and SecurityThen click on SystemThen System ProtectionThen System restoreChoose a date before this problem occurred.Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK i will do so and come back to you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Mark