Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I have not been able to get my outlook mail or send mail since

I have not been able to get my outlook mail or send mail since Sunday March 6th although strangely I have received one email today
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me which version of outlook you are using Helen?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I don't know how can I find out?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will depend on the version you have, if you see a ? Click on that then about I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer not to accept remote thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its outlook 2010
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem Helen, please let me know the version of outlook per the instructions I gave
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outlook 2010
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksAnd when you try to send and receive an email, what is the error you receive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens, there is a bit at the bottom where it says receiving email of say 60 and the line creeps along but nothing ever down loads. Emails seem to go when I send them but nothing arrives
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you email yourself, is it received?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please sign onto your BT account hereClick meOnce done, do any instructions it says until you see your emails. Then when you see your emails, try outlook again and tell me if it then downloads the emails please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed in but there were no instructions just my emails
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shall I try outlook now?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Noting happened, the green bar crept along to about half way and then stopped and nothing came in
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, restart outlook and now try please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it won't open at all I open it by clicking on the outlook icon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you restart the computer and try please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but how will I get back to this page?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you return to this web page, so note the address or press CTRL + D and post a message please like you are doing now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to be a bit dense but the address is too long to note so if I press ctrl +D is that before or after I restart the computer?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
before, so it is added to your favorites.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok have finally restarted the computer, sorry it took so long it was adding updates !
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats ok!And? Problem still there or fixed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will go and see
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is absolutely amazing !! How did you do it? Sorry to be so long again but there were 180 emails to down load !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you tell me in broad terms what the problem was ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it was a authorization issue so I had you sign into your account to authorize the computer then restart.It will be ok now.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are a star! Thank you SO much. That was money well spent .Definitely 5 stars.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome!Let me know if you need anything else and please remember to click the 5th star at the top then submit so I am creditedThanksRichard