Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

Reason when I try to click on a link within my

Hi, for some reason when I try to click on a link within my email messages I get an error message from Microsoft outlook - This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. Using Microsoft Outlook 2010. I have checked all security and email settings and cannot see where this is error is coming from. Can anyone help please or point me in the right direction? Thank you in anticipation.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you please click on my link below Lesleywww.google.com/chromeDownload and install Google Chrome from that linkOnce installed, restart outlook and it should then be okI can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Else let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, I have downloaded Chrome, restarted outlook and it is still exactly the same.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but you need to download then install it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have installed Chrome - just checking it was running ok, have made it my default browser, reopened MS Outlook, chose an email at random - your last one in this case and clicked on the link with the same results. I feel a little reluctant to spend more money on this problem which has no resolution so far.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its ok, its optional else we work through it here, remember there can be multiple causes for this so we are ruling them out.Which version of windows do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8 upgraded to 10. It was all working fine until a couple of days ago. If I copy the link to my browser which was Microsoft Edge I could go through without error. It must be a setting somewhere but I don't know where else to look.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you download this file and run it pleasehttp://ge.tt/9aPWKmY2Complete the steps on screen and when done, restart and tell me please if you still have the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is asking for a folder, is this a folder it wants to fix or one to load the program into?.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
where it saves to run, you can just leave the default desktop it has
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Richard, it's asking for a system restart for the fix to take effect. Will come back to you and let you know how it went and if it worked. Have a good rest of the day, we have finished here for day.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, let me know though the results as you need to do the rating when its fixed please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, seems to have done the trick, but do not understand why I should have to download Chrome if I don't use it or was it down to a bug fix? In any case, thank you for resolving this.