Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Familiar with a wide variety of software and experienced in user training/support
65126503

What does this message mean please, snd what should I do to

Customer Question

What does this message mean please, snd what should I do to cure it?
"An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to http//bluelab stats.com/Data upload service.asmx. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server possibly due to the server shutting down. See server logs for more details"
As you see it gives no real help in solving the problem as looking at the server logs would be meaning less to me!
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Margaret, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. What web browser are you using: Firefox? Chrome? Internet Explorer? Safari?How or when do you get this error message? Only when accessing bluelabstats.com?Can I remotely access your computer using our Secure Remote Assistance offer so that I can directly check and fix your issues while you watch?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay I had to continue with my work. It seems to be only when I am using email. So obviously that would be trying to access bluestats I imagine, but that is a site I have never seen before. My server is actually Virgin Media.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using Internet Explorer mostly but sometimes Chrome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can`t spare the time for you to access my pc remotely - sorry!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Margaret,Thank you for writing back with that information. If you DID NOT intend to access bluestats and you are receiving this error message, I believe your Internet Explorer browser was hijacked by some malware or add-ons/plugins that redirects your page to bluestats but ends up in an error.I respect your decision regarding remote access, though it would be a safer and faster way to solve the problem.At this point, if you have a DIFFERENT web browser, like Chrome or Firefox, please use any of these browsers to test if the problem is ONLY present in Internet Explorer. That is, access your email using Chrome or Firefox then see if you are getting this bluestats error.Keep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess