Cris
Cris, Computer Expert
Experience:  I have 10 years covering all types of software. Backup software, Office, photo and video editing, online software.
10156100

Windows 10 has installed itself on my computer and my Canon

Windows 10 has installed itself on my computer and my Canon MP Navigator EX scanner is now not working properly. How can I make it compatible with Windows 10?
Category: Software
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris. What is the model number of your printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's serial number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to buy some bread! I'll be back in 15 mins.
Thanks, Trevor
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
I need the model number not the serial number of the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Canon MP Navigator EX CanoScan LiDE 110
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
You will need to install the newer version of the software for Windows 10. I have provided the link, I would recommend you first uninstall the program before installing the newer version. https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/photo-scanner/canoscan-lide-110?tab=drivers#Z7_MQH8HIC0L88RB0AMD0F1Q42K25 If you need assistance with the uninstall/install.I can provide you secure remote support. Just let me know and we can set it up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cris,I might have misread the instruction about the cost. I thought the new amount was £18 and that I needed to call you to confirm that. Your link to the downloads has worked and the scanner ois working fine now, so many thanks for that. Rgds, Trevor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone call no longer required. Thanks
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you like we can setup a remote session I can go in and work on the issue for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cris, thanks for the offer, but it's all working fine at the moment. Thanks for all you help.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK, no problem. But just so you know it may stop especially if you don't the latest software for your PC. I would highly recommend taking care of it now so you don't have this issue down the line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I downloaded the software you suggested and will check from time to time to see if there are further updates. Thanks for the advice.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. Please take the time to rate my service at the top, it is appreciated. If you have any further questions let me know.