IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My computer was working yesterday, but now will not boot. "Operat

My computer was working yesterday, but now will not boot. "Operating System Loader failed signature verification". I have been talking to Dell and they recommend installing windows 10 again. This will lose all my files. Is there another solution?????
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Have you disabled the secure boot in the BIOS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have tried that.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Did you find the option? You mentioned not finding it then stating that it didn't work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do that I get the message "no bootable devices found"
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I understand. Unfortunately, there are only two options for this issue -- Disabling the secure boot and reinstalling the OS. After reinstalling the OS, you can use a program such as Recvua which will find all of your deleted/lost files. It is an additional step but it should find all of your files that you had before. Here is a link to the program: https://www.piriform.com/recuva I am going to send you a premium service offer for after you complete the reinstall -- The premium service would allow me to connect to your computer and perform the data recovery for you to find the files if you are not comfortable with the process. It is completely optional but it is there if you want to take advantage of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I have replied above, please take a look.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I disable the secure boot then I get "no bootable devices found"
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Please view my response after that: Okay, I understand. Unfortunately, there are only two options for this issue -- Disabling the secure boot and reinstalling the OS. After reinstalling the OS, you can use a program such as Recvua which will find all of your deleted/lost files. It is an additional step but it should find all of your files that you had before. Here is a link to the program: https://www.piriform.com/recuva I am going to send you a premium service offer for after you complete the reinstall -- The premium service would allow me to connect to your computer and perform the data recovery for you to find the files if you are not comfortable with the process. It is completely optional but it is there if you want to take advantage of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I most want to get my email files back which are stored in thunderbird
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I understand. There is no guarantee but using Recuva is the best chance that you have to recover everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just reinstalled windows 10 and I have a screen with a recycle bin. The computer no longer recognises my modem so I can't connect to the internet. Any ideas??
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. Please tell me if you still require assistance.I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have discovered I have a fault with the hard drive so it is being replaced.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for letting me know. If you require further assistance, once the hard drive is replaced, let me know. Regards,IT Miro