Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I've just tried to add an icloud e-mail account to my Outlook.

Customer Question

Hi, I've just tried to add an icloud e-mail account to my Outlook. I provided a password ***** this does not seem to have worked. I'm getting a text box message now which is asking for a server name, which is filled in already with "imap.mail.me.com" a user name, again already filled in and a password. I've used the password ***** but I cannot get access and the text box message keeps reappearing. The knock-on effect is that I now cannot access Outlook at all. Please help!
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome DaveFirst, if you go to my link below, can you sign into your iCloud account there?www.icloud.comI can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get at my icloud account but not at my wife's, which is the one I'm trying to add to Outlook. I've sent a request for a password ***** but, of course, I can't access Outlook so I don't know how we'll read an incoming e-mail
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but until you have your wifes password, you cannot add the account. You need the correct password ***** this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, this is really frustrating. I cannot get into Outlook at all so cannot see any incoming mail. If the password ***** ***** I can't do anything to reset it. Would it be better for you to take control of my PC?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
So your saying your trying to reset the password ***** they send it to your email account but you cannot access this other email account either?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I have 5 e-mail accounts on Outlook all working perfectly until about a hour ago when I tried to add my wife's new icloud e-mail account. Now I cannot open Outlook at all so cannot see any of the e-mail accounts. When I try to open Outlook, all I get is the text box coming up asking for information for imap
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, would you like me to remote in and fix this or continue here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that probably would be the easiest solution Richard. I'm a real numbty when it comes to computers - I know how to use them but have no idea how they work :o(
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok please accept the offer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, I didn't understand your last message - who is Arthur?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ignore it please, it was a system issue, the message was not for youPlease accept the offer and I can connect and fix this for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard, I accept the offer, what do you want me to do?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you need to click on Accept, for the additional services. You see it popping up
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Software Systems Specialist.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
user id 809 300 291 password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BTW, I've picked up all your messages on my iPhone but cannot see them on my btinternet account on the PC, because I can't access Outlook
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now