Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

My emails, sent via Outlook Express, are unreadable by the

My emails, sent via Outlook Express, are unreadable by the recipient, whether or not they have an accompanying attachment. There is just a line of text mentioning "MIME".
Please advise
Peter Dewar, C.Eng, MIET.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIf you send an email to yourself, is it received and readable?Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - works fine both text and picture (of Einstein) appear to be perfect.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it will be the issue on your Brothers computer, which email program is he using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot 'phone him. All I know is that when I list the route of his reply I see it is sent from an iPad.i
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, have him hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds on the iPad until he sees the apple logo then release.Let it restart, send him an email and tell me how that one looks please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok message sent from phone.
Can we suspent 'til I get reply?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, let me know results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A further problem arises when there are three people in the "Discourse", especially when one of them spends much of his life mooching around France looking for the ideal property in which to settle. It is this member of the "Trio" who is convinced I have a virus
(I do not!). Now even the shortest e-mail I send him is unreadable so I have to use the 'phone and text. So far I have no idea whether he has complied with your suggestion (or whether, when he receives my text it gets similarly scrambled since he probably receives texts on his ipad [I'm not in a position to afford such luxuries as ipads and their ilk so I've no idea.].)
So forgive me but it looks as though you and I will burn up the time to no effect.
However - regarding a rating: you've been most obliging and your suggestion that an ipad reset may well sort the problem out is feasible.
I suspect my itinerant brother himself could be the bug in the comms' system!Thanks for your help
Regards.
Pete Dewar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard,
Going with your diagnosis and suggestion:
1) I have:tested my own "send/receive" of an embedded picture and this is a success.
2) I've "e-mailed" and "texted" my brother (short text - no embedded or attached pic),
urging him to reset his iPad - I've had no reply.
I guess I'll have await his return to the UK before this can be sorted out.
Thank you for your help and concern.
Kind regards,
Pete Dewar.