John
John, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I have a new Surface Pro 4 and when I try to use the search

I have a new Surface Pro 4 and when I try to use the search box I get the message "We cannot connect to Web search at the moment...". In addition when I try to use the Address/Search box in Edge I almost always get a Certificate error message.
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir do you have any other web browsers installed in the PC?Is the date and time correct on the Surface Pro 4?When did this problem started?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not have any other web browser . The date and time were both incorrect and have been adjusted.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Could you please restart the system and see if the date and time are staying correct and then see if you can browse web pages without errors.Most of the time date & time causes it.Please check and let me know the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This in fact seems to have done the trick. I had the date/time set on auto and had to change to manual to set it. I was not aware of the error until you pointed it out. I presume the adte/time was incorrect as I didn't have an internet connection when first switched pon.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
When you set on auto the internet connection needed to active for the windows to connect to the time servers to sync otherwise you need to manually adjust it,Is edge an search both working fine now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome sir.Please rate me using the options just below this box or above this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John