Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have Windows 8.1 installed. Last week I thought I'd

Hi. I have Windows 8.1 installed. Last week I thought I'd try upgrading to Windows 10. Unfortunately I felt it wasn't for me and uninstalled it a few days later. Today, using my laptop, Windows 10 has upgraded itself (which I removed again), and now it's set to upgrade again in about 45 mins time. Can you please advise me.
Carol
Category: Software
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. You may download and use a free, third-party utility to disable any automatic Windows 10 upgrades (along with getting rid of the "Get Windows 10" tray icon), using the following link:http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/ Download the "GWX Control Panel" file using the link, and then right-click on the saved file and select "Run as administrator." When the window opens up, click the “Disable Get Windows 10 App (permanently remove icon)” button. And then click the “Disable Operating System Upgrades in Windows Update” button, and finally reboot your system. This should do it. If you need any further assistance with this issue, please be sure to reply back using the box below. Otherwise, if you could kindly click on (and submit) one of the smiley faces/stars below or at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.