Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

My outlook will not start on my computer. it has done but just

Customer Question

my outlook will not start on my computer. it has done but just says starting........
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of outlook you are using and which version of windows please?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outlook 2016 and windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been working up till Tuesday this week and then on Wednesday it just does not want to open
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCan you press the windows key + X and click on control panelThen type in Mail and click on it when it appears.Then click on show profile.Then click on Add profile and enter in your email details.Once done and complete, set this profile as your default profile via the dropdown box on that page.Once done, try to open outlook and tell me if it then opens. I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, yes have done that and put in an email from an exchange account and not pop 3 and has worked.
do I now add all my other email accounts to this profile?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes please, and tell me how it then functions.