John
John, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Cannot reset Server password ***** Thunderbird?

Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide more details like Which email service is configured in Thunderbird,let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo.com?Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm on btinternet.com using Windows 10
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the detailsAre you able to access btinternet using web browser (Internet explorer,edge,Firefox )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes- I use Firefox
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Does Thunderbird shows password ***** to enter the password ***** BTemail ?What the exact error message Thunderbird shows?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"Enter new password.2
"Login to Thunderbired Server failed."
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.Even if you enter the correct password ***** shows the same error message am i correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is that I do not know what the Password ***** ***** therefore I need to reset(create a new one)
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OH OK I thought you were able to access your BTemail using Firefox.May I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=139aefc2-8534-439a-8ca0-2b3024bcb3d4# that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate positively using the options just below this page or on the top of this page,select the rating and click on submit. Have a Great God blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir i had bookmarked that website in Firefox yesterday.Click on Bookmarks in Firefox then you can find that link.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
In case you cannot find it please use this link to view that reset process : - http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html You can start the reset procedure in 2 waysMethod 1You can do a clean install a couple ways.Press Windows key + iClick Update and SecurityClick RecoveryUnder Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started Method 2At the Sign in screen Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power icon on the screenContinue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appearsClick Troubleshoot then Click ResetI hope that helpsSincerely,John