Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Familiar with a wide variety of software and experienced in user training/support
65126503

John,Your colleague agreed to continue our discussion

Customer Question

John,Your colleague agreed to continue our discussion today at 8.30am. It is now 9.36am and I have not heard from him. Please tell me what is happening !I have another appointment at 11.00am today so that if you cannot respond and fix problems by then I am afraid that we shall have to leave it until next week at a time to be agreed.
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Hello again sir this is John.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wha tis happening please?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Sir i had replied on the initial case couple of times regarding windows 10 reset process.I had also provided the link and reset instructions in that chat page,didn't you see it?Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
I didn't give you any appointment at 8.30am.Are you sure its me or is it any other experts in our site?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
In case you cannot find it please use this link to view that reset process : - http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html You can start the reset procedure in 2 waysMethod 1You can do a clean install a couple ways.Press Windows key + iClick Update and SecurityClick RecoveryUnder Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started Method 2At the Sign in screen Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power icon on the screenContinue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appearsClick Troubleshoot then Click ResetI hope that helps.Let me know whether you got the windows 10 reset instructions.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I think it was the technician that you passed me on to.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
I didn't it to any other technician.Is this regarding windows 10 reset procedure ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In that case you must remember the conversation in which you did agree to call me at 8.30.and continue to try and resolve the initial problem or if this was not possible to undertake on my behalf the installation of a fresh copy of Windows 10 and to restore all my programs and data.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Sir i never agreed to call you on 8:30AM because i do not provide phone support.I am not sure who gave you that appointment.I was the expert who remote accessed to your PC and checked the Thunderbird issue which can only be fixed by doing windows 10 reset,we had tried rest of the troubleshooting to fix it but none worked so i told you to back up your files to the USB hard drive and then reset windows 10.I had also gave you the instructions how to do it once you backed up the files.The reason why i told you to do windows 10 reset is not only because of the Thunderbird issue but your windows 10 also have other issues like start menu not working installation issues too.Do you remember that ?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
After my last response someone called Roger came on the line and I have been dealing with him since. Do you know Roger?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Roger gave me his telephone number as *********** do you recognise that?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
I apologize for the delay we had a major power outage.Sir i do not recognize Roger.Did he say he is from justanswer also did he solve the Thunderbird issue ?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not understand what is happening! I made contact with you and we spoke, then this person Roger came on the line, I assumed he was in another department of your company. He repeated your opinion that my computer had been hacked and that he could arrange for a "PATCH" which would prevent the hackers from gaining further access, of course for a fee which would cover a period of two years. I have not paid the fee yet but he is due to ring me tomorrow to discuss the matter further.He has sent me an Invoice from a firm called PROTCMICRO, of NORWICH in ENGLAND.Is this a scam?Yes ,Thunderbird is now working properly
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.
Sir from the details you provided this is a scam/marketing to sell their service or applications.Do not provide any bank details or your personal details to him.I searched for the company name you provided cannot find any details of PROTCMICRO.Did you get this invoice by email if so do you have any other name on it other than Roger & PROTCMICRO?Did you call him by seeing a fake warning message from Microsoft on your computer that your computer is infected by Virus or got hacked or having multiple errors and call on the number shown in the message immediately or did he contact you by saying the same?Did you reset/re-install windows 10 to fix the Thunderbird issue?Sincerely,John