Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have cleared the items in the outbox in outlook but it is

I have cleared the items in the outbox in outlook but it is still trying to send some email that I have already cancelled
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to send any new messages?Are you currently able to receive new email messages fine?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot send new messages but can receive new messages - system is Windows 10
Is there any error or message when sending emails?Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no error message it just keeps trying to send
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix troubleshoot issue directly on your computer for you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you as this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.? What's your Microsoft Office / Outlook version, such as 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc.?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outlook 2013 via a server snot mail.iecuk.co.uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Snot sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SMPT
I'm sorry; I'm not familiar with that email server / provider, so let me open this issue to other experts. Please do not wait. You will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you,
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Please go to your Outlook > Account Settings. Select Change link > More Settings button> Advanced tab and provide these parameter settings for your Outgoing Server (SMTP).Name: mail.iecuk.co.ukEncryption:Port:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Incoming server pop 3 110, no encrypted connection SSL outgoing server SMPT 587, account type POP3, incoming mail server and outgoing mail server mail.iecuk.co.uk
I infer from your answers that your account settings are as follows: Incoming Server (POP3): mail.iecuk.co.ukEncryption: NonePort: 110 Outgoing Server( SMTP): mail.iecuk.co.ukEncryption: SSLPort: 587 I see several problems with these settings:1. You did not actually specify that your outgoing server was encrypted, but Port 587 is an encrypted port.2. It would be better if both your incoming and outgoing messages had the same level of protection, either encrypted or none.3. The incoming and outgoing servers cannot be the same. The outgoing server name is ***** ***** If I understand your question correctly, you are able to receive email, but you cannot send email. If this is correct, we will have to discover the correct name for the outgoing server. Are you using a webhost for your email? What is your email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
f,*****@******.*** - also the incoming and out going server are the same they have always been so
You say that your incoming and outgoing servers have always been the same, but your email does not work.You have to decide whether you want to do things the way you have always done them or whether you want to do what will work.Your email domain name, eucert.co.uk, is different from your email server domain name, iecuk.co.uk. Are you using a webhosting service that has the same domain name as your website?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has been working like this for the last 10 years my problem is that I deleted an email that was struggling to send from the outbox - which did delete but it would appear that it was half way through sending as such it keeps trying to send nothing all the time
Okay. I understand that. But you have not answered my question as to why your domain names do not match between your email address eurcert.co.uk and your email server, iecuk.co.uk. Also, the server domain name icuk.co.uk is well known, but the spelling that you are using, iecuk.co.uk, is not. Are you sure that you are spelling the name correctly. I understand your reluctance to deal with these questions, since you have not changed anything, but something has become corrupted, and I need complete answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am spelling it correctly my original email address was***@******.***
Thank you for that information. If you send mail from your original email account, it will go out over the outgoing SMTP mail server that you have configured on your account, which is mail.iecuk.co.uk. Why would you expect it to work when you changed your email address to a different domain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look can we forget the email - it is an outlook problem with ghost half deleted emails in the outbox - it is the outlook cache that I need to clear - please do not worry about my email account as it will not fix anything
Okay. Then I recommend deleting the affected email account and recreating it. Since you will not provide all the information pertinent to doing this, I cannot help you with it other than to agree with you that the application is stuck and recommend what to do about it to repair it If the operating system prevents you from deleting your account, then I recommend performing a factory reset on your phone.
Joel Kalman, Computer Specialist
Experience: I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.