Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Error 0x80073CF9 what can I do to solve this problem???

Customer Question

Category: Software
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your device?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung all-in -one DM700A-D wireless combo

What were you doing immediately before you first got this error?

Joel Kalman, Computer Specialist
Experience: I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Downloading from the store Nitro Nation which wouldnt install thats it..

You have requested Secure Remote Assistance. Please use this link to download and install the remote software from Elsinore and accept the agreement to start the session:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e408dac0-326f-458c-9433-2512a547beb7

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont mess with it because I'm not that up on the tec side, Some time the store wont Launch with the same error 0x80073CF9

This is the first time I have worked on this problem. I apologize for the inconvenience. I am unable to solve it for you. I will submit a request to Customer Service on your behalf for a full refund and opt out, so that other experts can assist you.

Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is***** you using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?

I think the problem is because of a folder that's missing from your computer that the Windows store is looking for, but the solution is different for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. So I'll post both here. Let me know if this fixes it for you.

1) Windows 8

Create a folder C:\Windows\AUInstallAgent and then reboot your computer. If the folder is already there, delete it, recreate it and then reboot.

2) Windows 8.1

Create a folder C:\Windows\AppReadiness and then reboot your computer.

If this doesn't work, there are some other things we can try, but I think this should fix your problem. Please chat me back and let me know.

In my Secure Remote Assistance session, that was the first thing I did. I was able to locate those folders, and they both exist.