Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have lost my wireless and security code. apple laptop,

Customer Question

I have lost my wireless and security code. For my apple laptop, after having to reset my laptop. I can no longer get email. can you help please ***@******.***
Don Hinde
Category: Software
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 9 months ago.

Go to the Spotlight icon at the top right of your screen and type Keychain Access then open Keychain Access select Passwords on the left then on the right find the name of your WiFi network and double click on it then check the box Show Password ***** will have to enter your computer password ***** it will show you your WiFi password ***** the box at the bottom.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mike I have not got a spotlight icon. I my have misled you by saying I had a apple laptop. my mistake I should have said, the make is a reversed v sus. sorry at 84 years I tend to make mistakes
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you looking for your wi-fi / wireless password ***** code / key?

What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

Do you see any password ***** key / passphrase / WPA / WEP at the back / bottom of the modem / router device? (It is case-sensitive.)

If needed, can you please check at the back / bottom of your laptop for for the exact brand and model of it?

If needed, do you have another working laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My laptop is running fine, but you have not told me the wireless or the security code should the problem arise again.
Other wise I am very happy.

I'm sorry. Did you see my questions in last reply? Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for any password ***** key / passphrase / WPA / WEP. If yes, that is your wireless / security code. It is case-sensitive.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please do the following:

1. Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the laptop's keyboard, then type control then click OK. Then the Control Panel window will open.
  2. Then open Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Then click on your wireless network name on the right of Connections item.
  4. Then click on Wireless Properties.
  5. Then click on the Security tab.
  6. Then select the box at Show characters.
  7. Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your wireless / security code password. It is case-sensitive.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know if you are stuck at any step, and let me know the the brand / model of your internet modem / router device.

Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cannot follow text after wireless properties
Don
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I follow the text for my ASUS laptop I cannot continue after wireless properties
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My laptop is ASUS "In search of incredible" Series x553m. Windows 10. Don

After Wireless Properties, do you see the word Security at the top? If yes, please continue the steps.

- If no, can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router for the brand / model of it?

The Internet modem / router device was usually given to you previously from your internet service provider. Thank you.