Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Familiar with a wide variety of software and experienced in user training/support
65126503

I need to rearrange an equation in MS Excel

Customer Question

Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

How may I help you today?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to rearrange an equation in MS Excel. This is a math question really. I need to send the spreadsheet before I can explain what I want to do.

Please, upload the document.

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. File ID number is ***** Please see the file, which is an MS Excel file. This is an extract of a vast database, but I have removed all but the information you need. At the moment, cell R19 is an output field, calculated using C19 and all the other information. So, if I enter 380 into C19, the result in R19 is 14. If I enter 370 into C19, the result in R19 is 22. What I need is for R19 to be an INPUT field, and C19 to be an output field. So, in other words, I can enter any number in R19 and the result appears in C19. As I said, this is really about mathematical equations, not IT. Thank you

I have looked over the document and understand the question.

What is the process that you wish for me to code in the formula?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, I don't understand your question. I want to be able to enter a figure in R19 and the result appear in C19 rather than the other way round, so what I need is the correct formula to use in cell C19. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in the UK and it is 1.10am so I am going offline now and will review your answer or further queries tomorrow (Sunday). Thank you.

The value of R14 is the some of some items and subtraction of other items. How is the number 380 related to this? It is a math problem. Please, give me the math.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, I don't think we are going to get anywhere with this. The math is all right there in the spreadsheet. Thank you for trying.