Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

After changing my password 2 days ago yesterday my IMAP

Customer Question

After changing my password ***** days ago yesterday my IMAP closed the connection on my outlook. email address is***@******.***. I can now get emails on my iPhone but not outlook. BT say problem not with them. Can you advise please?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Peter

What is the exact message you get when outlook fails to retrieve your emails?

And which version of outlook are you using?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Screen states IMAP service closed by provider
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
570 624 505 password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

connecting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry dealing with serious rtc a 45 carry on!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok... but can you reply to my questions on your computer please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

it appears your either not at the computer or not responding to my questions and requests.

Is now not a good time to do this?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I signed off as I was waiting for a long time with no response from you and needed you to enter the password *****

Please let me know when you have time to dedicate to this and we can resume.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealing with motorcyclist rtc on a 45. Not good not even his fault . Might be 2 hours. Will come back when can Not best time for this unexpected call !!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

no problem, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I am a trauma Dr work for Northants police hence the chaos I caused yesterday . M. Cyclist will pull through. Watching you yesterday I have some how managed to get email on outlook. My Family and I very impressed with your service - hadn t known about it . Thanks Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your most welcome Peter and good we got it sorted.

Be safe