Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have been running Microsoft Outlook 2007, now under

Customer Question

I have been running Microsoft Outlook 2007 for years, now under Windows 10, and had very few problems. However a few days ago I notice that I can't open any .jpg files which are sent to me as an attachment. The message comes up as: "This app can't open. There's a problem with Photos. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it."
Nor can I open any photo files in Windows 10 folder "Pictures" unless I go via Photoshop.
If I attempt to open any photo in Windows 10 folder "Pictures", e.g. the Gherkin I photographed many years ago, I get an additional comment, i.e.:
"C:\Users\Robert Meier\Pictures\Buildings in London\Gherkin\DSCF0325
The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem"
Any thoughts and what application am I supposed to reinstall.
Kindly advise.
Thanks and regards
Robert Meier
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

just to clarify were you able to open any pictures after you installed Windows 10 ?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Sincerely,
John

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir checking to see whether you still need my help regarding picture cannot be opened in Outlook 2007.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

John

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type rstrui then click OK, then the System Restore window should open. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.

Solution #2:

- Go to your Pictures folder. Then right-click on one .jpg photo file, then click on Properties. Then click on Change... Then scroll down, and click on option to show more apps. Then scroll down, then click on the item Windows Photo Viewer. Then click OK.

; then you should be able to open any photo file in folder Pictures, and you should be able to open any .jpg photo attachment.

Solution #3:

- If needed, download and install the FastStone Image Viewer software at the website below:

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

, then open the FastStone Image Viewer program, then you should be able to view all your photo files in Pictures in the FastStone Image Viewer program.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.