Bryan
Bryan, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Having worked with computers for over 25 years, starting back with DOS programs, I've used most everything.
59162784

I am interested in a brief comparison of virtual machines ()

Customer Question

Hello, I am interested in a brief comparison of virtual machines (for Linux) that run on linux . We wish to make a good choice on which virtual machine to install in Ubuntu to create a master (Ubuntu or other linux) and two slaves and then install Hadoop. best regards, George.
Category: Software
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

There's a very good tool available that will let you compare the different VM managers available at: http://virtualization.softwareinsider.com/

It allows you to set specific parameters that you might be interested in to find the best fit for your needs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is indeed useful. Recommend two of the opensource ones based on reliability and economy of resources if you please and I will rate you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

VMWare and VirtualBox. Although I use VirtualBox almost exclusively because of how easy it is to set up. I've never had a problem running it with several different Client OS. Several different versions of Windows, Several other Linux based releases, and even a couple Hackintosh setups. As for reliability, I have never had any guest machines crash. I haven't really compared the resource usage between the two, but I'd have to say that on VirtualBox it is pretty light.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service today. And if you ever have any problems in the future, please feel free to request me by going to: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-bryanmohr/