Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

I lost my outlook because of a virus which has now been

I lost my outlook because of a virus which has now been eliminated but although outlook has been restored I have not recovered my saved files containing emails
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you first tell me please which version of outlook you are using? And the version of windows?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is version 8? and Windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When does the remote assistance start?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to do this but it won't seem to install
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

whats the error you get when it fails to install?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The information is 636 524 158
1p51djHope this helps
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

connecting now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard, sorry for the delay but zen now say they have reinstated the password ***** I sent to you. Does this help?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Did you ask them to restore the backup? As this is what we need from them as they are not on the computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The operator said he wasn't competent to do the back-up and I would have tyo contact them tomorrow am
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, we need them to do this, its the last option, contact them tomorrow and let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, many thanks for your guidance and help so far. I'll call you after I've spoken to them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Richard
Not good news!!! Zen say there is NO backup and they cannot retrieve my saved email files, address book, or anything other than the original details when the set up took place in 2009. The outlook is 2007 and Windows 10.
Any good to you?
Cheers ***** ***** Reid
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That's disappointing of them Nigel...

They never made a backup on your computer, I checked for this yesterday, and with no backup on the server, then the data is lost sorry. You're not going to be able to restore it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, that's really p***ed me off, but many thanks for your help anyway.