Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

What is a formal definition of an interactive website? Which

Customer Question

Hello, what is a formal definition of an interactive website? Which technologies must/should be included for a website to be accepted as interactive?
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

An interactive website should personally adapt itself to the viewer or individual user, in a somewhat individual way. Just having 'active' technologies is not sufficient to make a website 'interactive', it must also be flexible to the user's preferences, approach, and interest and/or focus of activity on the website.

It is not just active technology (JavaScript, other scripting, perhaps some video, appearing and disappearing graphic content at least, intelligent programmed content also...), but interactive activity, focus, and adaptive presentation of the content for the user, but also a sheer flexibility, that makes a website truly interactive.

See also

http://www.scribblelive.com/blog/2015/12/10/24-best-interactive-websites-2015/

for some examples and some explanation. (But that blog site is not, repeat, not, itself an interactive website!)

(If this answers your question, please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks.)