Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Email not working. I can, however, email myself. I thought

Customer Question

Email not working.
I can, however, email myself.
I thought is was a NoScript problem, so I removed the NoScript program from my computer, but without success. NoScript had identified a x script clash--sorry I can not remember the exact terms: Expected X but found Y --- declaration dropped. Object is Null.
Note:I do no know how to open the Browser consol to get the exact terms.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am getting your emails but not those from my regular Newsletter sources: Duolingo, and Bisuu.com.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 08 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Hello again,

I see that you are not connected, yet.

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still without email from my regular Newsletter sources

You will have to wait for them to send you new emails. Did you go to the other newsletter locations and re-enable the mailing lists as we did with DuoLingo?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply, but I feel this is not the answer. There should be a lot in my inbox from both Duolingo and Bisuu. I did not do anything more with Bisuu. The problem, I think, is with a script clash: I mentioned NoScript directing me to the Firefox consol.
I do not know how to access the consol now that I have removed NoScript from this computer. The consol said: expected X property but found Y property----declaration dropped. It also said: object is null, or something like that.
Michael

Any and all scripting problems on your computer will have absolutely no effect on the emails coming into your account. This is true because the emails come into your account on your mail server, which is hundreds of miles away from you. A script issue is just that; it is when your browser doesn't do something correctly. You were not getting all the emails you were expecting from DuoLingo because you didn't have them enabled in your DuoLingo account. If you recall, I helped you log into your DuoLingo account and enable those. So now what you need to do is log into the other accounts and enable the notifications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason,
I never changed my Duolingo and Bisuu accounts to block incoming newsletters. The backlog of emails from these sources should still be available when I press the inbox bar. I want you to access my computer consol to find out why my computer is not functioning properly.
Michael

Hello again,

I am not telling you that you changed anything. What I know is that when we signed into your account, the notifications were not enabled. Enabling notifications today will not make all the previous missed notifications appear because they will not be sent.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason,
Why don`t you want to deal with the real issue: the scripting problem. Can you tell me how to open the browser consol so that I can copy and paste the problem to you.
Michael

Hello Michael,

Scripting is not the issue. I tell you that because I have over 20 years experience in dealing with these problems. The scripting issue that you mentioned has absolutely no connection to the current problem. Everything that happens in your browser has absolutely no association with what goes on at your email server.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason,
Thanks for the information. It seems then, there is an issue with the browser that you do not feel is important enough to be fixed.
Michael

Hello Michael,

I am saying that the 'script issue' that you experienced earlier has no connection with this email problem. It is a separate problem. More often than not, the script issues are random at times. Are you still having these script issues? In short, the script issue is not really something that requires attention unless it comes back.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason,
Sorry for being such a pain, but I really do not understand even basic control of computer functions. I hope I can set up the correct notifications for Bisuu without messing thing up. Anyway, I hope you can help me again if the Email from Duolingo and Bisuu does not work in the next day or so. No need to reply,
Michael

Hello Michael,

You are not being a pain at all. Don't worry about that. I am just here to help. I look forward to your update in a few days.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jason,
I`m sorry, but you have not fixed it: the newsletters are not coming from Busuu or Duolingo. When I opened the computer this morning I had a message from Firefox which went something like this: "Well this is embarrassing, Firefox cannot find your ?page references?. This problem is usually caused by a recently opened page-- you could try removing tabs or restore session". Since the Firefox message was the only tab open, I pressed the restore page button and then the Bing and the Microsoft account tabs opened as normal.
Last night I tried to contact Busuu and Duolingo to ask if they had stopped sending emails to me. I could only get to community pages of people who had had trouble of some sort----I gave up as my problem was not among those on the community page.I have successfully tested my email to one private account. Last night I also received a Newsletter from Asus Computer Company.
Shall I wait another day or so in the hope that Busuu and Duolingo will come back on song?
Yours truly,
Michael

Hello Michael,

Thank you for updating me on this case. I am sorry to hear that the emails are not coming through. As it stands, there is nothing in your account that would block the emails. The only explanation I can come up with is that they are not sending out emails as often as they have been or some other issue on their end.

I look forward to your next update in a day or two.

Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason,
Still no email from Duolingo or Busuu. I have used both sites. While surfing news I had a freeze [the second] I have recorded the console information about the freeze and wonder if there is any connection with the email problem. I seek your advice. Michael.Console info:
VIDEOJS: WARN: The Hls component was added to the videojs object when it should be registered using videojs.registerComponent(name, component) index.html:1266:2534
StartTheClock Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2150:21
timeSinceWindowLoad is 0 Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2152:21
delayscroll Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2042:1
superbanner Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2053:29
resize Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2126:17
superbanner Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2084:29
dothesticky Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2096:17
doing sticky Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2098:21
1 Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2090:29
instance [ dvmoiDNpFpF4YFD ]
player [ Brightcove.Nextgen ]
plugin [ NextSlate.v1.1.0 ]
library [ Standard.v1.0.3 ]
iris-min.js:313:9
add_on [ IrisStartNextSlate.v1.0.3 ] iris-min.js:322:9
add_on [ IrisEndNextSlate.v1.0.3 ] iris-min.js:322:9
Player was playing at the time of plugin load index.html:1278:13178
VIDEOJS: Clearing any previous VAST ad data and triggering ondemand adrequest. index.html:1266:2534
Object { data: "", status: 0, headers: Va/<(), config: Object, statusText: "" } 61adba11.scripts.js:3:2388Object { data: "", status: 0, headers: Va/<(), config: Object, statusText: "" } 61adba11.scripts.js:3:2837
Error: Ad adLoadError error: VAST wrapper redirect unwrapping timeout. errorCode: 301 index.htmlputting super banner back at 4600ms Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2185:25
VIDEOJS: WARN: player.hls is deprecated. Use player.tech.hls instead. index.html:1266:2534
Error: Ad adLoadError error: No ads were found in the ad response. At least one ad is required to be able to load or play. errorCode: 1001 index.htmlError: Ad adLoadError error: No ads were found in the ad response. At least one ad is required to be able to load or play. errorCode: 1001 index.htmlresize Does-hand-sign-made-by-Merkel-May-and-now-Juncker-prove-there-is-a-secret-EU-illuminati:2126:17
Error: Ad adLoadError error: No ads were found in the ad response. At least one ad is required to be able to load or play. errorCode: 1001 index.htmlVIDEOJS: WARN: player.hls is deprecated. Use player.tech.hls instead. index.html:1266:2534
Error: Ad adLoadError error: No ads were found in the ad response. At least one ad is required to be able to load or play. errorCode: 1001 index.htmlError: Ad adLoadError error: No ads were found in the ad response. At least one ad is required to be able to load or play. errorCode: 1001 index.htmlError: Ad adLoadError error: No ads were found in the ad response. At least one ad is required to be able to load or play. errorCode: 1001 index.htmlError: Ad adLoadError error: No ads were found in the ad response. At least one ad is required to be able to load or play. errorCode: 1001 index.htmlVIDEOJS: WARN: player.hls is deprecated. Use player.tech.hls instead. index.html:1266:2534
Error: Ad adLoadError error: No ads were found in the ad response. At least one ad is required to be able to load or play. errorCode: 1001 index.htmlError: Ad adLoadError error: VAST wrapper redirect unwrapping timeout. errorCode: 301 index.htmlVIDEOJS: WARN: player.hls is deprecated. Use player.te

The console log you sent me shows that there was a fault with a website you were visiting at the moment of the crash. It appears that the video player utility that is required for that page was not available. Thank you for the log, but that is in no way related to your email issue. As it stands, have you verified with Duolingo and/or Busuu that your notifications are still enabled?