JoelK
JoelK, Computer Specialist
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I mam trying to load Autoroute 2013 and getr the error

Customer Question

I mam trying to load Autoroute 2013 and getr the error message "a licensing initialisation error
0xC004D301"
I know the cause, I loaded Autoroute 2007 but entered the key for 2013.
Category: Software
Expert:  JoelK replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Expert:  JoelK replied 4 months ago.

This statement was posted on the Microsoft AutoRoute 2013 website:

"Microsoft AutoRoute was discontinued on December 31, 2014.

The discontinuation will not affect software already installed. Current users may continue to use AutoRoute to plan their travel."

Are you able to download AutoRoute 2013? Are you downloading it from the official Microsoft website :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/autoroute/free-trial.aspx

Expert:  JoelK replied 4 months ago.

NOTE: To guaranty a successful installation, you will first need to uninstall all AutoRoute software files using Control Panel > Programs to uninstall a program and then restart your computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am running windows 10 on an Acer V17 laptop. The computer has been reset to factory settings and all data was cleared from the d drive where I am trying to install it. I have just installed Autoroute on an older computer with no problems.
Expert:  JoelK replied 4 months ago.

You have not really answered my questions about exactly how you installed AutoRoute 2013.

Did you download and install it from the official Microsoft website referenced by this link?

Also, if you have attempted unsuccessfully to install it since your factory reset, you will need to first completely uninstall it and restart your computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry. It was downloaded originally from Microsoft and stored on an external hard drive. It was from this drive that I loaded it onto my computer. As I said previously, I have since loaded it onto another computer with no problems. Both computers are running Windows 10. The computer I am having problems with was purchased with W10 pr-installed and the old computer was upgraded fro W8.
Expert:  JoelK replied 4 months ago.

If you have attempted unsuccessfully to install it since your factory reset, you will need to first completely uninstall it and restart your computer.

I can offer you Secure Remote Assistance as a Premium Service, where I can do this for you. There will be an additional charge for this service.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have done all this several times. I have checked all folders to make sure there is nothing relating to Autoroute left on the computer and tried re-loading several times with the same result, each time making sure that autorute has been completely removed.
Expert:  JoelK replied 4 months ago.

You have not convinced me that you have uninstalled the programs correctly. It must be done by using the Uninstall Programs feature in

Control Panel > Programs.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It has definatly been removed. It was uninstalled using control panel > programs. There is no trace in any of the folders on the computer relating to Autoroute. I have checked and double checked unless I am missing something.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
03/08/2016 04:03
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How can I convince you that it has definately been removed?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am quite happy to wait as it is important to me to have this prog running on this computer.
Cyril
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  JoelK replied 3 months ago.

I apologize for not responding to your messages about uninstalling your AutoRoute software. After several repetitions, your description of the problem remains about these specific issues:

(1) Version. You have mentioned both AutoRoute 2007 and 2013. It is not clear which version is on your external drive.

(2) Uninstall. It is unimportant whether or not there are any files remaining on your hard drive. What is important is whether there are any references to it in your registry. The Control Panel > Uninstall A Program process removes the program from the registry.

(3) Install. Your licensing problems may result from installing from an external drive.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The computer that I am using is an Acer Aspire V17 running windows 10. The main drive is an ssd with an addition hard drive for data.
This is the sequence of events:-
I installed Autoroute 2007 from a disc but inadvertantly used the key from my autoroute 2013.
A 2007 was uninstalled using control panel etcA 2013 was downloaded from the microsoft site direct onto the computer and this is when the error sign appeared. A 2013 was then transfered to a pen drive for use later. (I used the pen drive to install A 2013 onto another computer with no prob.)
A 2013 was un-installed from the Acer and I then tried again with the same result but using the pen drive. I then re-formated the hard drive to make sure there was nothing on that that was causing the prob and re -set the computer to factory settings. I then installed A2013 from the pen drive but the prob still existed.
I have now un-installed again and this is where I am now.
I hope this is sufficient info
Cyril
Expert:  JoelK replied 3 months ago.

It is not clear to me how you could have valid licenses for both copies of AutoRoute 2013, since it could not be downloaded after it was discontinued at the end of 2014.

Expert:  JoelK replied 3 months ago.

It appears that you have used your pen drive to install one copy of A 2013 on two computers, which would be a license violation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I originally purchased both A 2007 & 2013 on disc. I lost the disc for 2013 and then downloaded from Microsoft a copy of 2013 and stored it on a pen drive for future use when it was still available.
Are you saying that if I remove 2013 from my other computer, then I can load it onto this one?
Expert:  JoelK replied 3 months ago.

i am saying that when you made a copy of the self-extracting download file, for which you purchased a single-user license for AutoRoute 2013, and when you used that copy to install the software on the other computer, you used that single-user license for the other machine. I think that Microsoft monitored both installations online and shut you down when they detected that you attempted to install the download file on a second machine. You may have a problem removing the software from one machine and installing it on another, because they have the MAC address of the other computer registered to that software in their license data base. They even have the serial number of the hard drive in that machine. If you replaced the hard drive, you would not be able to reinstall the software on the new drive, without contacting them to get permission, and permission might not be granted even after explaining the circumstances for which caused an apparent license violation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That does not seem to follow as this morning I have just loaded it onto my wife's computer using the pen drive with no problem and checked that it is running ok on the other computers. It is now running on 3 computers with no problem. I just can't get it to run on my new Acer. I don't particularly want it on any of the other machines as they are old and only used as back ups.
Expert:  JoelK replied 3 months ago.

You are able to successfully reinstall AutoRoute 2013 on you wife's computer, because that machine is the only one that has a legal license. This fits the theory. There was no mention of the other computers in the scenario that you described. The Microsoft announcement that they no longer support SutoRoute 2013 says that any software that has already been installed can continue to be used. This statement precludes any new installations after the end of 2014.

You can try taking your Acer computer offline to install the software. If the installation can be done without the internet, you may be able to get it done. Alternatively, you can try taking the other computers offline. If the installation requires an internet connection, there may be no solution to your problem, since the Micrososft statement may prohibit using a legal copy of the download file for a new installation of the software after December 31, 2014.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have been quite busy try different things that you have suggested.
I removed A2013 from all machines whilst connected to the web and then tried to load from the pen drive onto the Acer while not connected to the web as you suggested. No success. I then removed it yet again. Using the Acer I then downloaded a fresh copy from the Microsoft web site which is classed as a 14 day free trial, onto another pen drive. I was able to load and register with my serial number and use A2013 on all three old computers but when I try to load onto the new Acer I get the error code. To me it seems that the Acer has somewhere stored the incorrect number and is preventing me from loading the program.
Cyril
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not heard from you
Expert:  JoelK replied 2 months ago.

I will have to review your problem and think about it when I have more time. I will get back to you tomorrow.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cyril
Expert:  JoelK replied 2 months ago.

The last procedure that you have described, in which you attempted to avoid previous problems, unfortunately repeated all of the previous errors, because you installe1d it first on the other computers that you really do not want it on, before installing it on the Acer laptop. I do not understand why you keep doing that!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you saying, that if I uninstall it from all computers and then just install it on the new Acer, this will be ok. I installed it on the other computers just to prove that it would load from the external device.
Expert:  JoelK replied 2 months ago.

You do not need to keep proving that. Go for the one computer that you really want to use it on and forget about all the others. Yes, uninstall it from them first. Please et me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I found an odd file that had been left on the computer after uninstalling the program. Autoroute is now running perfectly on all computers!