John
John, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

Cannot send email using Windows 10

Cannot send email using Windows 10
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Are you using the windows 10 inbuilt email application or any other email program like Outlook,windows live mail etc..

What is the exact error you are getting when you try to send emails?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Sir please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Sincerely,
John

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
using windows 10 inbuilt email system. I receive info. from Postmaster mail.hotmail.com indicating failure to send
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for the details.

Are you able to access and send email using Hotmail in web browser?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not tried
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Please try to open your hotmail using this link outlook.live.com then once you have signed in try to send an email to yourself and check it.

let me know

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Were you able to access your Hotmail and send test email to yourself using the link i gave above.

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Sir checking to see whether you still need help.

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

John

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
John.-----Sorry for my delay. I have sent email to myself and will let you know tomorrow(.Saturday). Thank you for your patience. George.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

No problem let me know how it goes tomorrow.

John

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
John. Still unable to receive message to myself. George
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

You mean you are not able to send a test mail to yourself in the hotmail using the web browser not the inbuilt email app?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I use the web browser?
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

are you currently chatting to me from the windows 10 PC that you cannot access Hotmail ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Then the application you are in now for chatting to me and opening web pages is called a web browser.

Can you open this page outlook.live.com ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think so.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

In that can you sign in to your Hotmail account and see your email in it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will try and sign in to Hotmail account and let you know
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

OK please let me know i will wait.

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Did you check it ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can sign in. My inbox last message was dated 11/7 / 2016
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

OK good now try to send a test mail to yourself from that and let me know

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
o k.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Thanks i will be here

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Message sent but not received in inbox
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

That is strange.

May I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
o.k.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a8ad7c0f-5d28-49f6-9a1b-1e9b5cef54f2 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

John, Software Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.