Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My outlook account security was breached this morning and I

My outlook account security was breached this morning and I can't access it, nor even find the address.
Can you suggest how to go about retrieving my contact list?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
laptop pc windows 10
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome to access your Outlook account? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2013?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
internet explorer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Can you please confirm what is your compromised email account? The one you posted,***@******.***, is not existing.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that's the problem I'm hoping you can sort out for me. What has happened to it?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Are you saying that***@******.*** is your email account? Please check and look for traces of your account in your computer. It could be a slight variation from***@******.***,***@******.*** or***@******.***. Please check your history list and cookies to reveal if indeed,***@******.*** is your actual account or not.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been using that account for the last 15 years. It is correct, and was in use until around 10:00am this morning.***@******.***
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
is NOT existing, but***@******.*** (without the 1) does exist. Do you own***@******.*** as well?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no. It has the digit "1".
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Do you still remember the password ***** this account?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was notified by email this morning that the security details were being changed, but I was too late to do anything about it. Since then I have had no joy in recovering any sign of it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Which email account did you get the notification? In your other email account? Or the same***@******.*** account?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It came through on the original***@******.*** account
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Ok. Unfortunately, it appears that your main account,***@******.***, was hacked and then deactivated or deleted by the hacker. That is the only reason why you are no longer able to login to it saying that the account no longer exists.

Your only option to recover the account, if 24 hours have not passed since the account was deleted or deactivated, is to contact a Hotmail Moderator to intervene in the recovery process.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in contacting a Hotmail moderator?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a copy in my deleted box of my other hotmail accountYour password *****
The password ***** the Microsoft account [email protected] was just changed.
If this was you, then you can safely ignore this email.
If this wasn't you, your account has been compromised. Please follow these steps:
1.Reset your password.
2.Learn how to make your account more secure.
To opt out or change where you receive security notifications, click here.
Thanks, ***** account team
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
okay
If you think we can recover it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do I press the securely connect button now?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Yes you can

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c3817c2e-2438-4ae0-95b8-22f24aec7180

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess