Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Software Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Windows wont update been like this for past 8 hours

Customer Question

windows wont update been like this for past 8 hours
Category: Software
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Hi my friend,

luckily I was able to just catch your question, another expert already locked it, but then released it again as he most likely wasn´t sure what you mean:) Just to make sure: you did not use the link I gave you (www.lorenzvauck.com) right? Because the question did go to all experts instead.

Anyhow, thanks for the new question and I see that your Windows 7 has now been updating for 8 hours, right? Does it give any kind of error message or is just "searching" for updates and the blue progress bar is "swinging" ?

Thank you very much,

Lorenz vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi. no error messages just "searching" for updates and the blue bar is swinging

Did you cancel the search inbetween already or did you leave it just going?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just left it going

Hmm, thats really kinda long now, would you agree to let me have a look directly at your PC via a remote-assistance? It would be an extra-service though (with extra pricing) so that I can have a look what´s going wrong there?

thank you for accepting my offer. To start the remote connection, please download AnyDesk at:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

...start it (double click on the "AnyDesk.exe") and reply to me with the 9-digits number which is displayed in the AnyDesk window.

Then I can connect to your computer and you just have to click on "Accept" once you see my incoming connection (AnyDesk will notify you when this happens).

If you have problems or questions with the setup of AnyDesk, please just let me know and I would be happy to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
201 404 575

Please bring Anydesk to the foreground in the way I showed you, otherwise I cannot connect again.

Is it still updating? It tells me you are on, but that AnyDesk is not running in the foreground. I guess it´s because the updates are still going, but the AnyDesk service already runs in the background.

Well, basically all you´d need to do now, is to check for Windows Updates again the "official way", like you did it before already. It can (again) take 1 to 3 hours, that would be considered normal. But then it should come up with a list of updates (around 100 maybe) and you install all of them. Then you reboot, and run Windows update again manually, there will be even more updates (because of updates to the previous updates). Then you reboot again and change the Update Settings to "Automatic". Then everything should be fine from there on.

Just let me know if you have any remaining questions in relation.

Thank you very much and have a great day,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Friend,

thank you for the kind words, which made me very happy! If you have any questions in the future, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great time and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck