John
John, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I am unable to send/receive any emails via windows Hotmail.

Hi There, I am unable to send/receive any emails via windows Hotmail. The system tells me that I do not have enough disc space but that is not the case. Have had this problem for the last two days. Is there a problem with windows mail 2011?
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment while I review your question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, thanks for your response.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

You are welcome.

Could you please provide the following details so that i can understand the issue more clearly.

Have you tried sending/receiving emails using web browser?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Sincerely,
John

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have used Google to connect on the web to send and receive my emails since I could not do so via windows. I have windows 10 installed on my laptop.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

OK so your Hotmail works fine on Google Chrome browser am i correct? also does the Hotmail in Chrome shows all your emails ?

Are you getting a error code in the windows live mail if so please let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My emails are working well via chrome but I have not tried sending any attachments with any emails as yet. I would prefer to use the windows facility for emails as I am used to this method.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

OK i understand.

Can you please let me know the error code it shows also do you have Mcafee installed in your PC?

Just to let you know Microsoft is going to stop the support for windows live mail by January 10, 2017

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi John, I am getting an error code in Windows live mail when I try and access my emails via windows.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

OK please let me know that error code also do you have McAfee installed in your PC?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do have McAfee installed on my PC. The error code is Ox8DE00005
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the details.

Have you tried system restore to see if this problem can be fixed ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I have not tried system restore. Do you think this can solve the problem?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

First we can try that but before doing that are you currently chatting to me from the problematic PC?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would you be able to fix this problem if I agree to pay the £22.00 for remote connection?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

I can remote access to your PC and check the issue directly and do the necessary using secure remote assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, I will process this now.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

If you want i can send you the offer for remote support and then you can accept it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
John, are you still there?
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Yes and i am sending you the offer for remote assistance

John, Software Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=76e4e3ec-53b9-49db-b38c-25ac02fe2e2b that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Connected and working on the issue.