Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

As a follow on from my last Question I got in contact with

Richard as a follow on from my last Question I got in contact with the IT helpdesk. They arranged that I sent 6 emails as a test from my outlook account on Friday. The emails ranged from no attachments, one excel attachment, 4 excel attachments , 1 pdf 700k, 3 PDf attachments then 1 with a dropbox link that had all the 5 previous emails. They say they got all of them apart from the 2 with PDF's and I got ping back s from the other 4.
When I asked them if they received and blocked they were very evasive and suggested it was my system affecting the pdf's. They also asked if I had been blacklisted! I asked them to confirm this in an e-mail but they refused but said they would contact their PR team and get back to me. I then sent the PDF's from another account,t Hotmail this time,and they got through to SW! 1 Can emails get corrupted with attachments especially pdf's? They go to others and are ok from the hotmail account. 2 How can you check if someone has blacklisted you or just stopping emails?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi Kevin,

No the email would not be corrupted from a PDF and even if it was they would still get them.

We can see if you are blacklisted, but this works from stopping all your emails, not just ones with a particular PDF.

Go to www.whatismyip.com

Tell me what your IP is please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard How do I get my IP?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Via the instructions I gave Kevin.

Go to www.whatismyip.com
Tell me what your IP is please

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Host Name & User AgentYour Host Name:
host31-54-179-163.range31-54.btcentralplus.comYour User Agent:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.143 Safari/537.36is this the info you need?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

no, I need the IP Address please, where it says Your IP Address

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I cant find it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ostname: host31-54-179-163.range31-54.btcentralplus.com
Proxy: No Proxy or Invisible Proxy Used
SCRIPT_URL: /more-info-about-you/
SCRIPT_URI: http://www.whatsmyip.org/more-info-about-you/
HTTP_HOST: www.whatsmyip.org
HTTP_CONNECTION: keep-alive
HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS: 1
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.143 Safari/537.36
HTTP_ACCEPT: text/html, application/xhtml+xml, application/xml;q=0.9, image/webp, */*;q=0.8
HTTP_REFERER: http://www.whatsmyip.org/ip-geo-location/
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate, sdch
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-US, en;q=0.8
SERVER_SIGNATURE: <address>Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8y Server at www.whatsmyip.org Port 80</address>
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/0.9.8y
SERVER_NAME: www.whatsmyip.org
SERVER_ADDR: 208.64.38.55
SERVER_PORT: 80
REMOTE_PORT: 53392
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
REQUEST_METHOD: GET
QUERY_STRING:
REQUEST_URI: /more-info-about-you/
SCRIPT_NAME: /more-info-about-you/index.php
PHP_SELF: /more-info-about-you/index.php
REQUEST_TIME:(###) ###-####(Mon, 10 Oct 2016 04:57:01 -0400)
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

your going to the wrong address

Just click the link I gave you

https://www.whatismyip.com/

You are going to

www.whatsmyip.org

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry Richard it's 31.54.179.163
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, you are blacklisted, but it is very strange they only block some emails, blacklisted means no emails gets through from any email address you send from. Likely they do not have their system set up correctly.

You can go here and remove the listing

https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/

you have to do it from there.

Let me know when you have please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard,I can't seem to find what they are looking for. Can you do it if I give you access?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

yes, that is no problem, click the proposal and I can connect and do this with you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard,My Phone and credit cards were lost/stolen on Wednesday night and I cancelled them. Need to set up new payment from new card.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about that, let me know when you have and if you have any difficulties, get customer service on 0808(###) ###-####to step you through this

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ID 330 976 278Pass 8832
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

connecting

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard, BT have confirmed that I do not have any BT internet account address and that as I use Hotmail / Outlook that is the server with any issues.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, you wont be able to unblock unless you have a "real" email address other then outlook.

As they say your IP is the problem, then what you can do is download this free vpn tool

www.hidemyip.com

Then when you need to email them, run the program, it will give you a different IP so it is not blocked

This should then get through.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you do this for me?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

yes, run teamviewer, give me the ID and password ***** connect please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
7916
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

connected

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard, Email just sitting in my out box!
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

And if you disable Hide My IP it sends?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just closed it is that what you meant?
I is still in outbox
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, restart the computer and tell me if it sends please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK Cutting off.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard it has now sent but there should be an automatic ping back that I have not received yet.
Everything seems to running a bit slower than normal!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I sent a blank e-mail and got the ping back so its still the same problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, instead of via outlook, go to

www.outlook.com

Sign in with the account, send it from there

This is the web version

Does it then send?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry Richard I had other things that my wife said were more pressing.
Tried it from www.Outlook.com a few mins ago and got no ping back
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, so that means they received it right?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No that means they may not have received it or they are blocking it just as it was previously.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, but before you said

"I sent a blank e-mail and got the ping back so its still the same problem."

On the last test we did with the Hide My IP

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I sent 2 emails yesterday. 1 with the pdf which got no ping back then 5mins later a blank e-mail with no pdf that got a ping back.
I resent the email with pdf's this morning and have not got a ping back.
This is the same position we started on.I only did hide my IP once with you yesterday. I have not done it again after that.If my IP is for the computer it can't be that as I have sent another e-mail with pdf from a Hotmail account and it is getting through (ping back in 2 mins). It must be in particular to the Outlook account.
Thinking of setting up a brand new Outlook account and trying again. Any thoughts
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

No it is not the IP else it would have worked in your last test as that is using a different IP.

It is their system, it's not a spam filter it is just poorly set up and there is an issue within it, likely to do with their mail queues.

You can set up a new outlook account but unless they fix it on their side, you will just need to setup different accounts when the problem re-occurs as it is not on your side this issue, 100%

I would advise to try first with a Gmail account in the event they have specific issues with outlook accounts.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard,I will try a Gmail account.
I get this problem with them every year and it's why I have so many accounts. I have to set up accounts all the time!
Is there anything we have done that will affect computer that we should switch back before we break off? Everything going oK apart from pdf's from Outlook account. Spoke to my son last night who says the same as you it's them but trying to defeat a huge company or get the write answer is difficult. I have lost 2 weeks in the last 5 trying to sort this but I feel I am hitting my head against a brick wall. Just going to have to accept.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

no, nothing we did needs to be undone, it is 100% an issue on their side, but impossible to say exactly what from here, only the reasons I pointed out.

Best to use a site like http://ge.tt and upload the files there and provide them just the links to download

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will try that as well thank fro your help.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Richard,Thanks for getting back to me.
I have accepted that I will not be able to do anything with this account.
I have set up a gmail account and another outlook account that seem to be working oK.
Going to trial them for a couple of weeks then set one up as my new account.
Gmail is a bit different and when I tried to bring it into my combined accounts in Outlook to allow me to access easily it gave me a warning that outlook was less secure!