Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

Some of our clients are receiving an SSL error (although the

Customer Question

Some of our clients are receiving an SSL error (although the SSL certificate is fine) - it started happening yesterday with a select number of clients on different browsers, using our online course at the login screen (before they need to login)Here is the screenshot of the error which states:On Safari the message states "This certificate has an invalid user" - (screenshot below ) - on other browsers it states that the page is not secure.https://d1ro8r1rbfn3jf.cloudfront.net/ms_84527/HygaZPWBqzzUGn0KvKNIYHgVfEY89L/Screen%2BShot%2B2016-10-13%2Bat%2B20.54.51%2B2016-10-13%2B21-53-51.png?Expires=1476527248&Signature=iR7HhWKVXd8ZFbWYidxXtMLGpLmSnUjnRNneuIGNiJNWn1sSVkWw2sqI71j0STeg323Vc-v2I-J2Ef7MxAko~UUcQgSNoByTFnRV-ioG1YFsV7Ok~Ryyt~YHyediU7gfUa3hGkGfdEXLO72iY9em~wpnVFQWH8BpGNhZVJJFgqWMuxzchRsxV2z~4rq8D3em1Wtzhw6KJH0-TMgHAXsbigphaaHY57qCdx-DWJle1F2cxeJSW~Y2clWlO7mWHML5-Y~YNF9KSI3rxasgvMkPkTLqHIm6hRmrUO4NevTCfQZ-PqN1CBILjHuQAoZCLLUDKyAvBcMBHrbGQxYb78Ca5g__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJHEJJBIZWFB73RSAOn most browsers there is no issue.We need to find out the cause of the issue and a fix.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

I need to see the certificate details myself, can you give me the website address so I can check the certificate please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Richard,www.ttrsonline - the certificate seems to be OK and valid
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
www.ttrsonline.com
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

yes, no issue at all with the certificate, usually an issue with the Mac keychain on the clients computers

Have them do this please

In keychain access, go to View -> Show Expired Certificates. Then in your login keychain highlight the Certificate and delete it.

Then restart and it should stop the error

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
oh dont need remote assistance yet sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

calling

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
www.ttrsonline.com
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
image
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Richard, if its corrupt would it not affect every user?My college in ireland just said this:"It is fine on my PC on any browser. The 2 clients who had problems are Lucan TTRS Centre (based in a school) and Monaghan Library. It may have something to do with the firewall on the servers in these places. I wonder if it might be something to do with the security setting. Maybe if it is set to HIGH then you won't be allowed to the website but if it is set to MODERATE or LOW then it will let you through. You could check this on your 4 PCs and see if they have different security settings. It may be that it is only affecting clients that have a particular security setting. Somewhere like a school or library might have very strong security.
With regard to the browser, it doesn't seem to matter what browser is used. Both the clients I spoke to yesterday tried IE and Chrome but the result was the same."
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

No nesesarily, depends on what is actually at fault with the certificate.

It is not due to a firewall, they do not deal with certificates, that's the browser. It also does not work on yours correct?

I tested it on high and low settings and never could get any errors to come up

In the end though it is not something that should be happening with a certificate and it is the certificate at issue (as again you also get the error)

But try on your computer going to Safari ▹ Preferences ▹ Security

If you reduce it there, does it stop the security

Also, do you have any anti virus on the mac?