Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

This is a question about Twitter, which I haven't used

This is a question about Twitter, which I haven't used before. A certain user (not 100 miles away from Washington) currently has 34.7 million followers, has made over 35 million tweets over the previous 8 years and has had 14 'Likes'.What are 'Likes' and what do they mean? Is there a time-frame? In other words over 8 years or last 7 days or what?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

A like is when someone liked a tweet and press on the heart icon to indicate they like it.

The likes are a total over the entire time frame.

There is an extensive review of likes when Twitter implemented it (it replaced favourites) and it is worth reading here

http://follows.com/blog/2016/01/tweet-likes-twitter

But in a nutshell, if someone likes a tweet they click the heart to indicate this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Fascinating. Thanks, Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

You're most welcome!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Reading through that information leads me to ask if someone has so few 'Likes' could that imply that the 34+ million followers may not be all genuine?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

It is genuine (probably a lot of bots but the majority is likely real), but they are not making many tweets that people like, that's usually the case

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK, thanks.