Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Systems Specialist.
32989067

On a Win7 laptop I have just used PrintScreen (PrtScr). The

On a Win7 laptop I have just used PrintScreen (PrtScr). The response reports that it has been stored in my (Microsoft) OneDrive. But there is no trace of it that I can find.Where can I find the path that PrintScreen uses to store content?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It will be on the clipboard. Click start, type in

mspaint

press enter

In mspaint, press CTRL + V and it will paste the printscreen for you to save it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I realise it goes to Clipboard, Richard.But it also goes to a folder somewhere on my laptop. It 'says' it goes to my OneDrive where I store all my images and documents, and I must have set it up to perform this. So I need to know where I can see where it has gone. Alternatively see where this function can be edited.Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

If you open the windows file manager, then go to Onedrive, then Pictures then Screenshots you can see it there

To turn it off

Locate the OneDrive icon in the Windows 10 System Tray, right-click on it and choose Settings.

You can uncheck the box to save it there

Let me know how you go please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's great, thanks - same on Win 7 which I'm using.